First Event IHRA 2010 Schedule (1 Viewer)

JF

Nitro Member
Get out the sunscreen!:)

IHRA is pleased to announce the signing of Palm Beach International Raceway to its family of tracks.

The state-of-the-art, all-concrete drag strip located in West Palm Beach, Fla. is the second major track signing in the past month after Virginia Motorsports Park rejoined the International Hot Rod Association two weeks ago.

Boasting one of the most beautiful backdrops and facilities in all of racing, Palm Beach International Raceway will waste little time jumping into the national event rotation as the facility will host the 2010 Nitro Jam season opener January 29-31.

I may go on Saturday or Sunday just to check it out if I'm able to take time off. I love me some pro mods.

However, if PBIR did this just to say they have a national event on their roster I hope they realize what they're getting into.

Basically a 3 day match race from what I am reading on other threads. While pro mods are cool and I'd like to see TS and TD the lack of funny cars of any sort turn me off. Plus only 8 car TF fields.

I was just there last Saturday for an Outlaw Heads up race...
I dare say there's enough pit parking for ANY kind of National event...
In the new Regime their, there seems to be NO ONE that has a clue about how to run a drag racing event of any kind... Too many "Chiefs" and not enough "Indians"...
All the parking for the drag strip is on one side, and there's ONE road from the shutdown, all the way to the staging lanes... Lot'sa Confusion, and Lot'sa GRIDLOCK.. No P.A. system in the pits..
They opened the gates at 5:00pm, then tech, then 2 rounds of qualifing, then didnt start the first round of eliminations until 11:45PM.. We were in the lanes at 3:45AM for the third round, and they called it for Dew and Sprinkles...
All but a few spectators had left before the first round...
NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE...
Denny Savage

o.k...... am i the only one who thinks a national event on the east coast at the end of january is the stupidist thing going? it's not like IHRA has 20 some events that need to be spread out. give me a break. not to mention, how about giving the teams that are exhausted from running all over the place time off during the winter to be with family and recharcge for the up coming season.............not to mention , allow for the baby elephants to get proper training along with restocking of the corn dogs and cotton candy!:mad:

In the new Regime their, there seems to be NO ONE that has a clue about how to run a drag racing event of any kind

Denny dont get discouraged good things are coming if my sources are correct...

I was just there last Saturday for an Outlaw Heads up race...
I dare say there's enough pit parking for ANY kind of National event...
In the new Regime their, there seems to be NO ONE that has a clue about how to run a drag racing event of any kind... Too many "Chiefs" and not enough "Indians"...
All the parking for the drag strip is on one side, and there's ONE road from the shutdown, all the way to the staging lanes... Lot'sa Confusion, and Lot'sa GRIDLOCK.. No P.A. system in the pits..
They opened the gates at 5:00pm, then tech, then 2 rounds of qualifing, then didnt start the first round of eliminations until 11:45PM.. We were in the lanes at 3:45AM for the third round, and they called it for Dew and Sprinkles...
All but a few spectators had left before the first round...
NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE...
Denny Savage

I attended the "Top Gun" Quick 16 show back in the spring. The race was on a Sunday and after they ran the second round of Q16 cars, it was after 6PM. We left and heard the next day, that the final ran about 11PM. I called it, "The drag race from Hell!"

Last year, they hired George Case to run the drag racing part of the operation and when I was there in the spring, he was gone. Anyone know what happened?

From what I hear, I wouldn't count on the IHRA National Event ever happening.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back