My day at the Palm Beach Nitro Jam. (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
I only went yesterday but had fun. Would I go again? Probably. Of course would have liked to have seen more cars in the pro sector but it is what it is. I arrived at around 3:45, I missed stock and super stock but I'll see all those cars at G-ville so no harm done.

Racing was good, loved seeing TD and TS - those are wild. Only gripe is the breakouts - why have it on a 6 (or some cases 5) second car?

Now the PA system left a little to be desired - a Nostalgia funny car blew up and not a word from the PA about the driver's condition. :mad: I had to go down to the pits and ask a fellow driver about it, he said the driver of the charred car is fine.

Ok as far as pics, I didn't take that many as this was a nighttime event and like most compacts my camera doesn't do so well in low-light. So I took nearly 50 minutes of video.

Here is a small photo gallery from the event: Pics from the IHRA Palm Beach Nitro Jam 2010 pictures from motor sports photos on webshots

And here are the videos (some may still be processing so the HQ versions may not be up yet):

Part 1: YouTube - Action from the 2010 IHRA Palm Beach Nitro Jam part 1.
Part 2: YouTube - Action from the 2010 IHRA Palm Beach Nitro Jam part 2
Part 3: YouTube - Action from the 2010 IHRA Palm Beach Nitro Jam part 3.
Part 4: YouTube - Action from the 2010 IHRA Palm Beach Nitro Jam part 4.
Part 5: YouTube - Action from the 2010 IHRA Palm Beach Nitro Jam part 5.

I only went yesterday but had fun. Would I go again? Probably.

Sam,

You are one of the first if not only 'Mater to get a sniff of nitro this early in the season unless you count the test sessions in Phoenix and Vegas as well as at PBIR a couple weeks ago, but that was a closed session to fans. I almost got up the gumption to go today but the weather prediction was sketchy with rain predicted for today so decided not to drive 3 hours and end up hanging out in the rain. Not sure how things turned out today at PBIR but it rained a good bit up here in Orlando and I suspect there too. Thanks for sharing your pics. You sure have your way with the babes. Who was the hot tiny blond? Should we know her?

Later...

Kurt L....

Sam,

You are one of the first if not only 'Mater to get a sniff of nitro this early in the season unless you count the test sessions in Phoenix and Vegas as well as at PBIR a couple weeks ago, but that was a closed session to fans. I almost got up the gumption to go today but the weather prediction was sketchy with rain predicted for today so decided not to drive 3 hours and end up hanging out in the rain. Not sure how things turned out today at PBIR but it rained a good bit up here in Orlando and I suspect there too. Thanks for sharing your pics. You sure have your way with the babes. Who was the hot tiny blond? Should we know her?

Later...

Kurt L....

Are you referring to the one in the white shirt? According to Spencer Massey, she was a friend of one of the crew members... or something. I asked if I can have a pic with her and she said yes.

Last edited:
I only went yesterday but had fun. Would I go again? Probably. Of course would have liked to have seen more cars in the pro sector but it is what it is. I arrived at around 3:45, I missed stock and super stock but I'll see all those cars at G-ville so no harm done.

Racing was good, loved seeing TD and TS - those are wild. Only gripe is the breakouts - why have it on a 6 (or some cases 5) second car?

Now the PA system left a little to be desired - a Nostalgia funny car blew up and not a word from the PA about the driver's condition. :mad: I had to go down to the pits and ask a fellow driver about it, he said the driver of the charred car is fine.

Ok as far as pics, I didn't take that many as this was a nighttime event and like most compacts my camera doesn't do so well in low-light. So I took nearly 50 minutes of video.

Here is a small photo gallery from the event: Pics from the IHRA Palm Beach Nitro Jam 2010 pictures from motor sports photos on webshots

And here are the videos (some may still be processing so the HQ versions may not be up yet):

Part 1: YouTube - Action from the 2010 IHRA Palm Beach Nitro Jam part 1.
Part 2: YouTube - Action from the 2010 IHRA Palm Beach Nitro Jam part 2
Part 3: YouTube - Action from the 2010 IHRA Palm Beach Nitro Jam part 3.
Part 4: YouTube - Action from the 2010 IHRA Palm Beach Nitro Jam part 4.
Part 5: YouTube - Action from the 2010 IHRA Palm Beach Nitro Jam part 5.

How did Jeff Deihl run in FC? Please tell me that wasn't him that caught on fire?

Are you referring to the one in the white shirt? According to Spencer Massey, she was a friend of one of the crew members... or something. I asked if I can have a pic with her and she said yes.

Nope, not her but she was hot too. Actually, it was Lizza Diehl who I was referring to. I went back and checked your pics and see that you had identified her and I must have missed it. Jeff is a lucky guy as you noted.

Jeff Diehl was driving Bullet Bob Flochs Prostalgia corvette... Glad he made it out ok... Hope the team can rebuild...

From Drag Race Central:

3370 Jeff Diehl 500 Greg Jacobsmeyer
E3 No Time ****WINNER**** 0.458 6.209 227.57
Prior rounds:
E1 (A ARMSTRONG ) 0.187 6.484 193.05 (S NICHOLS ) 0.213 6.156 230.76
Qualified: #4 #1

10:05 p.m. Mike McIntire was supposed to be in the final pair, but was unable to make the call, so Diehl was in as an alternate.
Diehl threw his chance away, hitting the throttlew before the trre came down. He tried to take it back, then ran the car through and that cost him again because the engine let go in a big fireball before the finish line and the fire continued well into the shutdown area. The car ended up in the sand it, in the catch net. Then the fire flared up again as the car came to a stop.

Jacobsmeyer hesitated after Diehl's false start, then made a clean, straight run for the day one Prostalgia win.

Sam i wish i knew you were gonna be there i woulda invited you to stop by our pit, i was with the Chicago Fire AA/FC

as far as Jeff's fire goes it sucks on sooooooooo many levels.....the Flochs are some of the nicest people you will meet anywhere bar none and busted their asses round the clock to get their car ready for this deal and to see something like that happen to them just absolutely rips your heart out.....i was watching from the starting line and my chest just sank into my stomach as it was a VERY nasty fire.....i'm glad Jeff got out of the deal unscathed and wish the Bob and Kathy nothing but the best!!!

Thanx for pics and vid, mang. :cool:

Glad Jeff is ok. Poor car; it can be rebuilt.

Thanks for sharing the videos. Looked like a pretty good time, certainly better than watching the snow fly up here.:(

I was there on Saturday, arriving shortly after noon and there wasn't very many spectators. However, by the time dusk arrived, the place filled to overflow. I enjoyed the show and can only hope that next year's race will be better attended by the sportsman racers. PBIR began a stretch of four in a row, ending with next weekend's Gainesville race. Must be putting a hell of a strain on the racers.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back