IHRA qualifying procedures (1 Viewer)

Maybe this will help on how they reset the field. The pro teams that were at the original Tulsa event all received a letter explaining how a rain out works. We were also asked to confirm by Monday, June 11th whether or not we we would be returning to compete on the rain date. I would assume this is how they set the new field.

Like another poster already stated, basically if you do not return for the rescheduled date, it was as if you never competed in the event. As for first round alternates and earning no points/money, this is when an event is completed normally and a qualified car cannot make first round. In that case the alternate will be entered into his spot, but will not earn the points. (Someone correct me if I am wrong!)

Bambee Haddock, Terry Haddock Racing

Last edited:
I did get confirmation yesterday that those unable to return will get the 10-points for a DNQ and the two "Last Man Standing" winners in each category will still get their 10-point awards. Otherwise, those who show up Saturday will be laddered and will get full points and round money, those who don't get nada.

I hope Paul Lee will back it back, since Gilbertson is going the Englishtown route, Lee would be the 8th placeholder in the funny car ladder...

Hoping for full fields..and that the clouds in the sky do nothing more than shade the track the entire weekend! It has rained nearly a month straight! Unbelievable!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back