I guess I did something wrong???? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it..there has been what..3 people that questioned Matt's motive for posting the PM. I see the motive.."you sh!t on me..and I'll damn sure post the sumb!tch."
I did not question his motive, I simply stated that what he did was no better that what the other guy did.

Since you're a moderator and you answered the way you did, you must feel that this is the proper way of handling PM arguments.

Shouldn't mods discourage this type of petty bs instead of promoting it?

He makes me want to change my name!!!!! Not all Teri's are bad!!!:p
Matt..........you did nothing wrong!!!

No way in hell would I ever mistake THIS Teri for THAT Terry...uh huh, no way, ain't happenin'....Dayum, I sound like a hick.....Proud of it too.

Hey Matt, if I ever get an extra $250,000.00 It's your's Bro. :p Now I need to go back to work...

So....What is the Major problem here folks? What Terry said in a Private Message to Matt Smith???? Or how Matt Smith responded??? To me....(just my very humble opinion here..) No body is a winner in this deal!

Mr. Jones: You are entitled to your opinion, and In my personal opinion, the way in which you sent your message to Matt was done correctly...(IN PRIVATE MESSAGE FORMAT). It is not my business, or anyone else's on this board's business to know how you felt about Matt PROUDLY SUPPORTING THE EFFORTS OF HIS DAD!! on a public NHRA Forum, speaking Directly in response to the work his Dad did for Tom Hammond this past weekend, at an NHRA RACE! However, now that the message has been posted for all, (Matt we'll get to this a bit later), I think the content of your PM SUCKS! If that's such an issue to you, why haven't I gotten a PM about all of my FAST JACK BECKMAN THREADS???? He's not my Daddy....(well...not by birth...) But every time Jack does something "OUT OF THE NORM" I love to give him Public Props for it! Why has Kelly not gotten a PM about Her Ron Capps posts???? Between the two of us, we've pretty much become the unofficial PR REPS FOR DSR! Why do Kelly and I do this, well maybe it's because we feel such pride in our "FRIENDS" that we do whatever we can to help spread the word to those who may not know them as we do! Is this not the same thing your stating with Matt Smith? Matt was very proud of the work his Dad has done with Tom Hammonds this weekend. He's a proud son, giving his Dad props! Nothing wrong with that. I do the same thing all the time! If not for my Dad, I wouldn't be in this forum, or at a Drag Strip, or have my competition license, or work at NHRA national events for NHRA, or anything else for that matter! I'd probably be DEAD! Killed in a street racing accident. So, in short Mr. Terry Jones, your a "hater"! A jealous, washed up, has been (or never was) who has nothing to do but bash people for their beliefs. I'm all about free speech and freedom of expression, but to call someone "a hick" because of their pride in their Dad..THAT'S JUST PLANE IGNORANT! If you feel that you are being mis-treated publically by me, please...Send me a PM...and I'll tell you how lame you are in Private!

now...Matt Smith!

Matt, I think your a very good PSM rider! your consistent, sharp and like me, you've got TONS OF PASSION and are not afraid to tell people what's on your mind, but you do it with class, and that is important. Some pro and Sportsmen drivers have a hard time learning this! Plus, your a cool cat and I like ya! This being said...I believe that you should not have posted Terry's name on your post publicly. What was said to you was PRIVATE. It was his Opinion of your post, which although perhaps Misguided and WAY THE F#CK OUT IN LEFT FIELD, it was still his PERSONAL OPINION! I believe you did right in asking the question, "DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG"? in order to correct a potential issue, (I GET THIS, cause as a driver or Crew member, If you mess UP, you wanna know how to fix it, so you don't make the same mistake again!) and since you like hanging out here on the "MATER" and want to be an ACTIVE contributor to it, you want to make sure you do things right! No problem with that..THAT'S COOL! But, when Jarrod and the people who started this site decided to permit Private messages, they did so to avoid ISSUES LIKE THIS from happening. To take away some of the PERSONAL BASHING from public Forum. So, once again, just in my personal opinion, next time somebody bashes you, click respond and tell him or her what a PIECE OF #HIT that you feel that they are.....but, do it in private! We don't need to know!

As for this thread...I think were beating a dead horse here.....Perhaps it's because it was YOUR CURRENT POWERADE WORLD CHAMPION IN PSB who wrote it, but it needs to move on folks. Both parties were wrong. If Terry Jones has any Balls, he'll explain himself and keep on doing what he is doing. And we can continue to tell him how lame his post are, and the whole cycle will continue. However, Something like this can, and usually does, "convince" a person to "post Elsewhere!" So, Mr. Jones...Enjoy! Thanks for the laughs, and good luck in securing your future in this sport! Your credibility is at about...ABSOLUTE ZERO! :cool:

I agree with you Paul and was thinking the same thing. Why you would get a private message and then post it here is beyond me, it's like I was back in junior high after reading it.

As another mater said, Terry was slinging SH!T at Matt...and with no good reason....

Personally, I think that the fact that Terry was so nasty trumps everything...If you are Terry right now, you are probably pretty embarassed about this whole episode, and feel like Matt screwed you by outing you....

Well, Terry brought it upon himself by his nasty (and unsolicited, I may add...) comments to Matt....If someone came out of the blue and said that kinda crap to any one of us, the least of his problems would be the fact that we told other people what a piece of crap he was....right?

Of course not, it wasn't you. It's easy to disclose private matters when it is someone elses.

Send a PM to someone thinking it will be private then see how you feel when it's made public.

That is why they are called Private Message, they are for one-on-one. You can either respond in kind, notify a moderator or delete it.

Paul...I TOTALLY agree with you...IF its a MESSAGE....but what Terry said to Matt wasn't a message at all....it was an unsolicited, baseless, and nasty personal attack, and with no merit....Isn't that quite different?

Just food for thought--has anyone seen any posts from Suzie Oberhofer lately? Terry J started hassling Suzie Q with his "inside info" from the pits about The Bros O and it kind of escalated from there--I noticed Suzie withdrew her posts from that thread and I haven't seen any posts from her since--am I missing them or has Mr. Jones caused another mater casualty??? We don't need to lose any more knowledgeable people who truly do have "inside info" that they can occasionally share with us here....If ya left us, Suzie, come back!

I did not question his motive, I simply stated that what he did was no better that what the other guy did.

Since you're a moderator and you answered the way you did, you must feel that this is the proper way of handling PM arguments.

Shouldn't mods discourage this type of petty bs instead of promoting it?
I'm not promoting or discouraging anything, Paul. And as far as I can see this wasn't a PM argument. Matt made the decision to post a PM that basically attacked him and his family. Personally, I'm glad he did. I viewed the attack as being above petty status.

Just food for thought--has anyone seen any posts from Suzie Oberhofer lately? Terry J started hassling Suzie Q with his "inside info" from the pits about The Bros O and it kind of escalated from there--I noticed Suzie withdrew her posts from that thread and I haven't seen any posts from her since--am I missing them or has Mr. Jones caused another mater casualty??? We don't need to lose any more knowledgeable people who truly do have "inside info" that they can occasionally share with us here....If ya left us, Suzie, come back!
She posted yesterday, Terry. I don't think the Suz is going anywhere..;)

She posted yesterday, Terry. I don't think the Suz is going anywhere..;)
Thanks for the update, David! I appreciate it and hope you are right! I miss that Texas-Jersey kinda way of lookin at things!:D By the way, I hear she may be related to some top fuel crew chiefs or somethin'--any truth to that?

I thought this site was changed to a real names site to get rid of the bashers. This site was basically re-started to encourage racers (and others)to participate without having to worry about becoming a target. It is common knowledge that there are many racers that will not post here due to the personal bashing. So now, it is OK to bash.........as long as you do it privately?? What a crock! Anyone that takes a personal shot such as this (especially at a racer) should have their "priviledges" permanantly removed.

Thats the exact same way I just took this thread...So what the moderators are saying is its OK for me to open the members list and start bashing any and all pro drivers, as long as its kept in PM...Seems like a good way to lose the rest of the pros that do post here...Get a clue moderators, get this jerk and the people like him off the board...

I thought this site was changed to a real names site to get rid of the bashers. This site was basically re-started to encourage racers (and others)to participate without having to worry about becoming a target. It is common knowledge that there are many racers that will not post here due to the personal bashing. So now, it is OK to bash.........as long as you do it privately?? What a crock! Anyone that takes a personal shot such as this (especially at a racer) should have their "priviledges" permanantly removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back