I guess I did something wrong???? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I don't think I have seen anything like this before. Did someone piss in Terry's corn flakes? Matt, keep your your chin up and there is nothing wrong with what you have posted. Good luck this year.

I don't really know what I did wrong, but I will share this with everyone.... This is a private message I got from someone on here.... Why is there so many people on here that just have to bash people??? Please tell me if I should not have posted that about my Dad... I was just letting people know what was going on at the track that was not there...... Here is his comment....

Matt,

I am sure you are proud of your father like evry other child is but to post a message so everyone can recognize what your father is currently doing is a little low-brow...maybe it is a southern (hick) thing but people that know racing are aware of his abilities w/out you having to brag..get a clue...and find some money as begging/crying for a little, $200,00-$300,000, money was pittiful and many pro racers felt the same way...

Holy Crap Matt! For the record, you didn't do anything wrong! However, the person who sent this message to you should be ashamed of him/herself. Talk about being a 'little low-brow'. Geezaloo!

The guys name is Terry Jones......
I know I'm going to attacked for this, but, to me, THAT is what you did wrong, a PM is private and should be handled that way.

Posting his name is no better than the PM you received. At least the originator did it privately, you made it public.

I know I'm going to attacked for this, but, to me, THAT is what you did wrong, a PM is private and should be handled that way.

Posting his name is no better than the PM you received. At least the originator did it privately, you made it public.

Matt has EVERY RIGHT to make this public. This guy has slung sh!t at just because he feels like it, and hasn't had the balls to get on this thread to elaborate.

If you want to keep something private, you should keep it to yourself.

I don't know about other 'maters, but I have NO problem with Matt "outing" Mr. Jones.
Of course not, it wasn't you. It's easy to disclose private matters when it is someone elses.

Send a PM to someone thinking it will be private then see how you feel when it's made public.

That is why they are called Private Message, they are for one-on-one. You can either respond in kind, notify a moderator or delete it.

I agree with you Paul and was thinking the same thing. Why you would get a private message and then post it here is beyond me, it's like I was back in junior high after reading it.

Of course not, it wasn't you. It's easy to disclose private matters when it is someone elses.

Send a PM to someone thinking it will be private then see how you feel when it's made public.

That is why they are called Private Message, they are for one-on-one. You can either respond in kind, notify a moderator or delete it.

Take this for what it's worth Paul... If I EVER send anyone such an ignorant PM, they are welcome to post it as far as I'm concerned. I will have deserved it.

I think it is the fact that it was Mr. Jones more than anything. He tends to be a little "controversial and confrontational" at times and this was a way to get back at him.

I agree with you Paul and was thinking the same thing. Why you would get a private message and then post it here is beyond me, it's like I was back in junior high after reading it.
Nah..the junior high crap was the PM from Terry. I don't see any problem with exposing a PM that was a flagrant attempt to bash.

What was the purpose behind that? To give Matt sh!t about his Dad? For stating he needed sponsorship?..pfft. Terry's arrogance and know it all attitude pretty much sucks.

So I take it from reading the responses that Private Messages are not private and can be posted for everyone to see at any time.

If that is true, then why even have PM's?

Btw, putting your meaning behind someone elses thoughts can lead to a lot of problems, and, a message thought to be intelligent can construed as ignorant by others.

Let's see - NitroMater went to a "real name" policy to discourage the anonymous bashing that used to be so prevalent, so somebody uses private mail to bash a racer without exposing himself publicly?

Private messages are private to the recipient - if the recipient chooses to reveal them, it's his choice and I see nothing wrong with doing so. The basher should have had the cojones to do his bashing publicly instead of trying to hide from view by using the private message system.

If you really want to keep your views private, don't share them with anyone.

Oh, yeah, next time you are at Bristol, take a look at the suites overlooking the dragstrip. Matt's Dad is one of the few honored by having their name on the front of those suites, so Matt isn't the only person who thinks Matt's Dad is newsworthy.

So I take it from reading the responses that Private Messages are not private and can be posted for everyone to see at any time.

Btw, putting your meaning behind someone elses thoughts can lead to a lot of problems, and, a message thought to be intelligent can construed as ignorant by others.

So by your reasoning, Paul, part of this intelligent message was calling the Smith family a bunch of "Southern hicks"???!!!!! If you use the PM feature to slam someone for NO apparent reason, then I certainly think the recepient of said PM can do what one pleases with the message. Matt was obviously confused as to why this piece of f--- would slam his family and wanted to know if he was out of line with his original post.

Late.............Mitch

I would hope that you don't think Terry's PM was intelligent. Whether or not you agree with what was stated in Terry's PM, you have to agree it was a cheap shot. Even though he did it in a PM, it would probably spill over onto the board eventually, getting ugly.

So by your reasoning, Paul, part of this intelligent message was calling the Smith family a bunch of "Southern hicks"???!!!!! If you use the PM feature to slam someone for NO apparent reason, then I certainly think the recepient of said PM can do what one pleases with the message. Matt was obviously confused as to why this piece of f--- would slam his family and wanted to know if he was out of line with his original post.

Late.............Mitch
So now you put your meaning to what you thought I "reasoned". Care to tell me what I may reason next?

My "intelligent" statement I thought was meant in response to Jackee, but since you changed that, now I don't know.

And Matt's confusion should have sent him to a moderator to address the situation.

Just because it is called a PRIVATE Message doesn't mean it has to be kept Private.

Anytime anyone corresponds with you it is your right to do whatever you like with the correspondence.

You can CHOOSE to keep it private or you can CHOOSE to make it public.

Private messages are private to the recipient - if the recipient chooses to reveal them, it's his choice and I see nothing wrong with doing so.

Exactly. If I get letter in the mail, I can send it along to anyone I want. Print it in the newspaper. I own it, it's mine. How is this different?

Matt, even with this, and despite all protestations, YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG. From the latin: non *******os carborundum -- don't let the *******s wear you down. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back