I changed the shape of my car today (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
Someone turned right in front of me head on. Thank goodness I walked away and was not badly injured. The car is fugged up. After I got sideswiped my car spun around, went up on the curb, smacked a light pole very hard on the back end. You shoulda' seen the Cops & Tow Truck Driver's reaction when I asked to borrow a screwdriver to remove my special home made, one-of-a kind DHL Nitro Funny Car License Plate Frame !!! :D LOL I was like, Take the car - but not my precious masterpiece!!! Really brings to light how bad race car crashes must be. I highly doubt everyone who 'walks away' from a race crash feels fine afterwards like they all say they do. I was in a modern car, airbags galore... and I got pretty banged up only going 40 mph. I can't imagine only wearing a firesuit and an inch or so of padding!

When I saw the title of this thread, I full expected to read how you mounted a DHL Toyota Solara body to your car!!!! Or maybe a big and tall Mac Tools rear wing.

Sorry to hear it went the other way but I am very glad you are OK.

Chris, I am very happy that you're ok!!!

Now, please tell me the other driver has insurance and was cited!!!!!

Don't be surprised if you're a little sore for a few days.

Take care!

Wayne

Dang Chris.

Glad you are okay. Makes you wonder what some people are thinking, or not thinking while they are driving.

Have fun getting out of bed this morning, afraid you're gonna hurt in places you didn't even know you had.

d'kid

Chris, that really bites! Glad to hear you're OK. I also hope for your pocketbook's sake the other driver had insurance.

The idiot who rearended my Regal last november DIDN'T I'm still out the deductible and rental car fees.:mad:

Chris, glad your ok. Hopefully you wont have any kind of lingering problems or anything. I have had 2 wrecks, both not my fault and the first one I was fine going about 60 mph, nothing major. The 2nd one a few years ago I was driving the company truck about 40 mph down the road and guy pulled out in front of me in a jeep. It was either hit him or go to the ditch. I went to the ditch which was about 6 ft below the road and for that I regret it. The cops told me I should have hit him. I was glad that I didnt though b/c he had his wife in the car with him and she was pregnant and I woudl have hit her right in the door.

Long story short, he was an illegal with no ins. Ofcourse. But atleast it was the company truck. Up till then I had never had any back pain or problems, since that day once or twice a month my back with bother me. So I dont see how they are always so fine afterwards too. They have to be banged up some! It truly is a testament to our safety stuff though that they can walk away after some of hte crashes weve had in our sport. Tony Shoes a few years ago I thought he was going to be hurt really bad.

Sorry to hear that, Chris, but glad you're OK! If you need another one lemme know. My shop is next to a used car lot, and I just scored a killer deal myself on a Lexus from them.

EEK, sorry to hear about your mishap Chris.
Did you get your bell rung?

Get checked out anyways. Better to play it safe, man.

Thanks everyone; good news is the other party's insurance is paying for it. Now I'm curious as to wether it will be repaired or totaled. There's alot to consider. I used to be a car appraiser in Texas. I've seen cars get completley demolished and still they get put back together and given back to the owners. In contrast I've also seen cars that appear to have relative minor damage, and they are deemed a total loss.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back