Rookie Of The Year Candidates (My Opinion, What's Yours?) (1 Viewer)

Rat

Nitro Member
Top-Fuel:

alBalooshi: He is coming around as a better driver and finally got a win no matter how you see it. He won't win it.

Funny Car:

Blake Alexander: He has alot of talent. Full of potential and I promise he'll be the next big thing. He won't win it.

Alexis Dejoria: Has proved that she's just not lucky to have the ride she does, but that she can handle it and the best is only yet to come. She will be a close runner-up to the award.

Courtney Force: She has proved she can drive and in my opinion she's better than Ashley. Also, she is the most successful driver of the 8 and it usually goes to the more successful car. Lastly, because of her name I think all she had to do was 1 burnout all year and the NHRA will give it to her. Yes I believe it's biased, but I also believe she may be derserving of it.

Todd Lesenko: Shown he can handle it, but in all fairness we have not really seen his full potential due to the potential of his team. No chance.

Pro Stock:

Chris McGaha: Proven he can drive and cut a light. Just lacks a setup that will make him one of the top in the class. Won't win it.

Pro Stock Motorcycle:

John Hall and Scotty Pollacheck: No chance. Especially this year the rules NHRA ran the class with this year kinda ruined any fair chance they had at it. They are good riders.

How about you?

Last edited:
Good points, one and all, but I'm of the opinion that it's a two horse race between Courtney & Alexis... and if you put a gun to my head, I'd have to say it'll be Courtney.

I think it will be Courtney, not because of her last name, but because of her accomplishments on the track.

1) Alexis
2) Courtney
3) alBalooshi

1)Alexis was trained by her Crew Chief and his Father... She seems the more mature of the two... and none of the Force babble-on... "Dude, you're talking to a poster" ...everything Danica Patrick should be...and isn't. Very down to earth, single parent?

2)The ladies have close to equal seat time, Court has the edge... much more time testing in the "Big Show" car last season... Has one N/E win... Reminds me of a F-1 driver...

3)But, alBalooshi is the closest of the three to a rookie, even with the time in Pro-Mod... seems to be getting more camera time the last few weeks...

d'kid

1) Alexis
2) Courtney
3) alBalooshi

1)Alexis was trained by her Crew Chief and his Father... She seems the more mature of the two... and none of the Force babble-on... "Dude, you're talking to a poster" ...everything Danica Patrick should be...and isn't. Very down to earth, single parent?

2)The ladies have close to equal seat time, Court has the edge... much more time testing in the "Big Show" car last season... Has one N/E win... Reminds me of a F-1 driver...

3)But, alBalooshi is the closest of the three to a rookie, even with the time in Pro-Mod... seems to be getting more camera time the last few weeks...

d'kid

Yes single parent. That and her maturity has nothing to do about. If it was all about seat time give it to Blake Alexander. He has driven almost everything in his career. The way Courtney is a sponsor machine is what NHRA likes. I agree with you on that about Alexis being everything Danica is not. Danica wins every weekend. Why? How much have people talked about her and brought attention to Go Daddy? They got all the ROI they ever need. Danica is the luckist racer on earth, she needs to accomplish nothing and she'll make more press than anyone.

Courtney hands down for ROTY, but I am hoping that Alexis has the greatest long term impact on the sport. She can broaden the appeal, to both fans and sponsors ... and I selfishly hope that her family can help get us a 1320 in the confines of the Circuit of the America's in Austin.

Foregone conclusion. The trophy has been inscribed since last year. Next year's trophy is already inscribed as well.

Yes single parent. That and her maturity has nothing to do about. If it was all about seat time give it to Blake Alexander. He has driven almost everything in his career. The way Courtney is a sponsor machine is what NHRA likes. I agree with you on that about Alexis being everything Danica is not. Danica wins every weekend. Why? How much have people talked about her and brought attention to Go Daddy? They got all the ROI they ever need. Danica is the luckist racer on earth, she needs to accomplish nothing and she'll make more press than anyone.

Patrick...
First, I was pretty sure Alexis was a single mom, not that it make any difference. What do like, is that she spent the better part of a year training with Del, after she got her nitro ticket.:cool:

Danica, on the other hand, is what every woman who drives a race car should Run Screaming from. She is nothing but Hype. I'm sorry I even brought up her name... I was using her as a BAD Example and using what whatever she is doing as something they should not! She does have a Great PR Team, or do we call them 'spin doctors'... DP bad... No cookie.... :rolleyes:
As far as Blake, I truly don't know anything about him except he's been in Paul Smith's Rent-a-Ride a few times. That and I guess he lives a couple of hundred miles from here... again, I really don't know a dang thing about him...:eek:

Her name could be Courtney Kadiddlehopper and she should still win it. She's good and she's the most successful. Courtney and Khalid both have wins, but she's been more consistent. I don't want to hear the theory that she's daddy's girl and has the name "Force." Khalid has Alan Johnson and a whole country backing him up. She's been good out of the gate and has been all year.

Going into the season, I thought Courtney would be a shoe-in because her team does a fantastic job of really getting the word out, building her as a driver, and getting her the experience. I also thought that it was unfortunate for any drivers who have the luck of a rookie season along side her because of this.

But she's truly earned this title by her actions this season, both on-track and off. She's impressive and I'm really excited to follow her career. I think she'll definitely have a long road ahead of her in the sport, and that's nice to see!

Foregone conclusion. The trophy has been inscribed since last year. Next year's trophy is already inscribed as well.

100% true. Brittany has it in the bag, all she needs to do is a burnout.

As far as Blake, I truly don't know anything about him except he's been in Paul Smith's Rent-a-Ride a few times. That and I guess he lives a couple of hundred miles from here... again, I really don't know a dang thing about him...:eek:[/QUOTE]

Blake has driven Top Alcohol Dragster and 3 seasons in Comp Eliminator as well as many other cars he has admitted to, but are not publicly recorded.

Her name could be Courtney Kadiddlehopper and she should still win it. She's good and she's the most successful. Courtney and Khalid both have wins, but she's been more consistent. I don't want to hear the theory that she's daddy's girl and has the name "Force." Khalid has Alan Johnson and a whole country backing him up. She's been good out of the gate and has been all year.

It's amazing that you dont see bias among NHRA and it's crooked reputation as of late. This is a rare instance where the shoe in actually proved themselves on the track and was not all hype. As far as your AJ/Khalid statement I bet you I can count on my hand how many people even heard of him or the NHRA.

Courtney has it in the bag........unless Balooshi wins the next 2.

Yep, and I don't even think that would be enough (or possible)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back