HP difference between 6.57 & 6.63? (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
About how much HP do you guesstimate is the difference between the 6.57 and the bump 6.63?

The MPH are 209.49 and 207.75

20 or 30hp?

According to this calculator there is about a 40HP difference with the ET calculation coming in at 1924HP and the MPH one at 1980 for Lines run. Who knows how accurate it is overall, but I can tell you for the car that I help out with it is dead on (probably a fluke). It is kind of fun to play with anyhow.

1900+ HP?! No way. Last I heard/read it was in the high 1300's. I don't think the 800+ inch motors even make close to 1900hp.

I was told recently during a dyno session that 30 HP is worth about 2 MPH in a pro car.

The cars are so close anybody could win. Erica beat Jason in G-Ville from a lower position, I'm sure she can do it again!

In P/S, HP is only one part of the go fast equation. My guess is that the whole 16-car field is only separated by a few HP, top to bottom. It's more important what you do, with the HP that you have, and that involves clutch management, chassis set-up, motor tune-up, gear ratio, etc. A race car that is down on HP can actually make a good run to about 100 feet, then the lack of HP becomes apparent. Conversely, a higher HP car can make a horrible run, but still run competitive speed because they missed on the car setup. It's very easy to see this when you look at the incremental times. The lower HP car goes "down the sheet" while the higher HP car "goes up the sheet". The car that made the best run just goes "across the sheet", albeit in the top spot.

If you could dyno all the engines in P/S, at any race, you would probably find out that the one making the most HP did not win the event. Ya gotta race'em on Sunday to find out who is the quickest, fastest and most consistent....not just the most powerful.

Regards,
Pat

According to this calculator there is about a 40HP difference with the ET calculation coming in at 1924HP and the MPH one at 1980 for Lines run. Who knows how accurate it is overall, but I can tell you for the car that I help out with it is dead on (probably a fluke). It is kind of fun to play with anyhow.

500 cu in + gasoline (or methanol) + naturally aspirated doesn't add up to anywhere near 1900 horsepower. Unless they are turning alot more rpm than I think they are. I actually don't know how many rpm they turn but I'm guessing it is in the 10,000 range.

It's Jason. Jason is my middle name. First is the same as my dad's. Yeah, it was a nice run. They are really happy about it. Wish I could of been there for it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back