Houston Weather (1 Viewer)

6pm, they got close, and now is sprinkling again. Tough to tell if it'll quit before fully wetting the surface.

We decided early this morning to not make the drive from Waco, so cancelled the hotel etc. etc. looks like it was a good decision, heading down EARLY in the am.

6:30 - looks like it quit, but nothing's moving yet. The bikes went back to the pits. The track surface is pretty shiny, will take some time to dry. No word yet whether they are going to try again or not.

6:40 PM We are drying again,

You gotta admit, Mother Nature has a sense of humor,

Alan

At 6 pm we were a couple minutes away from firing the first pair of bikes and the Sun was trying to shine. Then it got very dark and started raining again. It has been sprinkling on and off ever since - it's 11:30 pm now and still sprinkling. Looks like a long day tomorrow and it may well run over into Monday.

It rained hard enough at 5 am Sunday to wake me up, so the unpaved pit areas at the track have not been getting a chance to dry out overnight, as hoped. The fast-moving weather front stalled long enough as it hit the coast to "train" on-and-off rain storms through the Baytown area all day yesterday and through the night. The forecast for today (Sunday) called for partly-cloudy skies, but it appears the rain will not leave until after sunrise and the 9 am start time could well be pushed back by soggy grounds.

I'm going back to bed - it's going to be a long day.

The hour by hour shows it should be all gone by 8am. I bet it's a steam bath at HRP today. YUCK!

I miss not being there, but am glad I won't be a sticky, stinky mess in the stands. Maybe see you guys next year. :D

Got to the track about 7:45. Parking lot is unuseable in some areas, but not a worry. No rain...track dryers already working on the track. No announcement on a start time yet. Humidity is 100 percent and no sun yet to help.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back