Houston Weather (1 Viewer)

Its coming a flood at my house right now and I'm about 15 to 20 minutes from the track but like Larry said its severe right now but suppose to be outta here in about an hour so hopefully by 10 or so we should be racing again.

It will take two or three hours to dry the track and get the water out of the low spots in the pits - and it's still raining at 9:10 a.m. An afternoon start is more likely and I have no idea whether we will see one or two Pro sessions today. Pro Mod already lost a session, yesterday, when things were running a bit late.

I got home last night at midnight and it started then, still raining at 9:30, this is a slow moving front, it's taken a day just to move through Dallas to here Tyler/Longview.

The forecast for today in Austin said we were to have thunderstorms until 2:00 this afternoon and then clear up , but we woke up to a CLEAR BLUE sky!!! So hopefully it will clear Houston as fast as it did us here in Austin!

Here is what the weather service we use at our company says for Saturday

Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms early, then showers and thunderstorms mainly in the morning/early afternoon. A few strong storms will be possible.
Wind
SE 10-15 shifting to NW-N 10-15 late morning decreasing to Variable 7-12 afternoon
Precip
50% 2am to 5am,80% 5am to noon,60% noon to 4pm,30% 4pm to midnight. Precipitation amounts up to 1.50 inches. Isolated totals to 2.25 inches.
Temp
Morning Low: 68ºF High: 73ºF evening low...63F

For Sunday

Sunday, April 01 (sunrise 7:10 am / sunset 7:39 pm)
Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of morning showers, then partly cloudy. Patchy morning fog is possible.
Wind
Variable 1-5 shifting to SE 7-12 afternoon
Precip
20% midnight to 6am. Precipitation amounts none to 0.15 inch. Isolated totals to 0.35 inch.
Temp
Low: 57ºF High: 82ºF

I am off to a movie :D

I'm sitting in the parking lot at 9:45 and it's still raing pretty good. Hope we don't miss any sessions. Since it's scheduled to end at 6:30 today couldn't it run til 9:00 like yesterday?

hey paul
all cars have to be shut off at 10 pm
that is why pro mod lost a session last night

I'm staying at the Quality Inn off I-10 and the Thunder woke me up at 6:30 this morning! Car alarms were going off a few times till the Heaviest of it pulled out around 7:30-8.

I'm back at the hotel right now, it's around 2:30 and it stopped raining but the skies still look pretty gray!

Sportman racing is canceled for today and they are hoping to get in one pro session weather permitting and 1st round of Alky.

It's dry enough to run the jets (it's 3 p.m.), but they are a long way from having the track ready. Darned rain keeps popping back up again just when you think it's all gone. Radar says we are in the clear, but there are little rain cells that the radar doesn't pick up.

Even more fun to watch than the two jet driers is the jet helicopter hoovering up and down the lanes. The really brave person is the guy walking or riding in a cart about 40 feet in front of the copter. He tells the guy where to go and how long to stay there while the water goes away. Lot's of bored crew guys walking the return road . . . and the pits are an absolute muddy mess.

I'm seeing the first shadows in 20 hours!

Glad I went yesterday, I knew what was in store for today, It is beautiful here in East Texas now so when it quits it will be really nice there as well, the humidity is low and nice clear sky, cooler too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back