Hillary Will To Make Live, Televised Pass On Cleveland TV Thursday Morning (1 Viewer)

Triple Nickel II

Nitro Member
Hmm...

Will the rest of the teams entered in the Summit Racing Equipment Nationals cry "foul" when Hillary gets to make a Thursday pass on the Norwalk track, one day before actual qualifying begins?

I'm sure the crew is thrilled with doing this between 5 and 7 AM. So much for sleeping in on the day before the event. :D

===============================

WKYC-TV, the NBC affiliate in Cleveland, will bring the crew for Channel 3 News at Sunrise/Channel 3 News Today to Summit Motorsports Park on Thursday, June 26 to broadcast the popular show from 5:00 to 7:00 a.m. The live broadcast coincides with the 2nd Annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals June 26-29.

Adding to the excitement, the fastest female racer in NHRA history, Hillary Will, will make a guest appearance on the show. Will's KB Racing team will be building an 7,000-horsepower engine, firing it up, and making a pass on live television.

WKYC Morning Show, Will at Summit Motorsports Park

Last edited:
When they do a promotion of that type they very rarely get a time slip.

They very rarely get a time slip???? Can someone please give me an example of the last time something good like this has happened and whether or not a time slip was given.

They very rarely get a chance to promote the sport on live TV. This is a great thing and all anyone is worried about is how the other teams might feel about it. No wonder Tony Smith gets so upset with the people on this site anymore.

Nitro Rule #375: If you're worried what the other guy is doing, you've already lost the race.

There has been more than once I've had the first round and the last round at 6:30AM... but I was much younger and could go for 24hrs....

Oh, ya'll are talkin' 'bout rounds of racing...

Great to hear the Team is getting LIVE TV.... And Hillary seems much more relaxed on camera today than she did 2 years ago. Congrats to Jim O, Hillary, and the whole KB Racing T/F Team.

d'kid

In year's past when a team wants to make a run like that they make them turn off the computer. Not sure how well they police that though....:D

thats pretty cool.

Hope its a nice clean fast run

Mike, you don't think some team out there would whine that somebody gets an extra shot at the track? I think its BS too, but I bet somebody would say something

Mike, you don't think some team out there would whine that somebody gets an extra shot at the track? I think its BS too, but I bet somebody would say something

Actually it might be good info for the first pair down the track on Friday if condions are similar. At least they might have a hint as to what the track might hold. And yes, somebody is always going to say something. It's human nature to complain as we've seen here on this board.

This is fantastic, much more of this kind of thing needs to be done. Who cares if they get data/time slip -- a 6:30am run in a fuel car won't be much use to anyone, never going to run at that hour again.

In the bigger picture, I wonder who's PR team made this happen? Three possible choices: A) NHRA (the new PR firm?), B) the track (the Bader's connections), or C) Hillary's team? My money's on B, because it's a local station, but what do you think?

Sorry to burst your bubble, they may fire it up, but they won't be making a run. I clicked on the link and it doesn't say anything about a run, right now it just says that they will fire it up.

Alan

Last edited:
My gut says that making an early morning pass on a green, cold, likely dewy track will teach them basically nothing for the weekend. I also would think that they would go up with a tremendously soft set up not only for the conditions but because they don't want to go up in tire smoke wasting this tremendous PR opportunity. Kudos to whoever arranged this because it is exactly the type of thinking and exposure drag racing needs.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back