Hight DNQ's.... (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Never thought that would happen. Here's hoping he does good at the next race.

BTW, I think someone needs to put a sticky on his forehead that reads, in big letters: "MUST TAKE THROTTLE STOP OFF." :D

The surprising thing is, that only Wildthing and Jeffy Blue are the only ones to make every show this year (okay, the Princess and Guido have made every show they've been to)

I'm sure Eric is kickin' himself over the stop, and we know Robert is upset with himself over not catching it. It's questionable if anyone could have bumped in yesterday. That being said, everyone has a brain fart at times... maybe it would help if there was a verbal check off before launch, kinda like wiping the cockpit before launch on a carrier... to make sure all the locks are off...

The track conditions were good enough to bump in with the right tuneup. Wilkerson moved from the outside into the field on his final qualifying attempt.

Dixon's crew got so worried about taking the throttle stop off first round that they just left it off. Larry saved it on the burnout, tho...

Everybody who races and will admit it has done something like that. Just not in front of the TV camera for the world to see.

Something I found pretty refreshing was the Robert took some of the blame instead of cranking on the crew for such a obvious mistake. Real class.

jim

Something I found pretty refreshing was the Robert took some of the blame instead of ing on the crew for such a obvious mistake. Real class.
Yep, I thought Hight showed a lot of class on the Sat. show taking some of the blame. Prock was a little hot though!

Anybody remember K.B. a few years back when somebody forgot to fill the
engine with oil?

He wasn't very happy about that.

TOTAL bummer. It was not the set up, not the team, not the driver that was any cause of what happened. Whatever could go wrong, went wrong.

1st pass-- new (different) car then Topeka, and it's a GREEN track. Smokes after putting up the best 330' of the round.

2nd pass (friday night baby!) $2 part brakes at 200' and retards the timing to the point where it makes everything unhappy. It still makes the best 330' and 660' ET although the 1/8 speed is 10 MPH down. The car does not make it to the finish, and CRAP 4.89 263. This would have been Low ET.

3rd pass. HOT HOT HOT not a single dragster makes it down the track. Heck, not even half track. I can't remember the last time that happened. I was pretty dissapointed. The floppers were having a hard time also. Hight's car barely moves. I'm thinking broken throttle cable, or the........... it was the or the...

4th pass. Well this is it. Wilk ran 4.833 which was great. Bunch of others were getting down too. There was a couple oil downs, and the track was not as hot as it once was as it was getting late. I knew if the car made it to half track, he was in. VERY contrary to the dude reporting on DRC, The car was on a GREAT pass. 3.29 660', 4.11 1000' sweet... wait! F%%%ing pipes go wet!!! Wait for the numbers............4.87 275. Ain't that a MFer. All he needed was a 4.86!!! Belt stripped all the teeth. It was on pace for low of the round, .80-.81.

Bummer, but it's not the end of the world. I would not bet against them at E-Town!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back