Head Article (1 Viewer)

E/Modified Production, the greatest class in the world. First car I ever saw run in person was an E/MP Corvette Stingray.

Sorry I was the legal drug guy. Mark and I had a E/MP Car in the mid 70's then Mark started working at a shop with Tom. Tom worked with blown alky dragsters, we formed a team got a Don Long dragster in ProComp with Tom driving. Mark got a license and we put his 140lbs in the car mid first year. Went to T/F in '79 last year together was '81. Sorry wasn't this about Jim Head. Of course there is a connection Mark and I were building a Mod/Gas Vega before the ProComp change and many of the Vega parts came from a wrecked car that Johnny Davis had built here in Cincinnati, Johnny worked and built cars with Head. Remember 6 deg of separation we all end up related.
Thanks for the clarification, Ross.

Classic.

Sorry I was the legal drug guy. Mark and I had a E/MP Car in the mid 70's then Mark started working at a shop with Tom. Tom worked with blown alky dragsters, we formed a team got a Don Long dragster in ProComp with Tom driving. Mark got a license and we put his 140lbs in the car mid first year. Went to T/F in '79 last year together was '81. Sorry wasn't this about Jim Head. Of course there is a connection Mark and I were building a Mod/Gas Vega before the ProComp change and many of the Vega parts came from a wrecked car that Johnny Davis had built here in Cincinnati, Johnny worked and built cars with Head. Remember 6 deg of separation we all end up related.

I was just yesterday looking at some old pictures and saw one of Johnny Davis' wrecked Vega. They were from Bluegrass in Lexington. I saw the wreck and it was a bad one. I think he broke his leg. Well built car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back