Good read on EE blog (1 Viewer)

It is kinda funny...........I was just checking the comp plus forum for the Erica Enders thread and it is mysteriously GONE!!!!!

Here is Jerry's post on Comp Plus from yesterday

1 Day Ago
Jerry Gilles
Junior Member Join Date: Jul 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just want to say thanks for the message board, Bobby. The sugar coated Mater is ok, but this is the shot in the arm the community needed.. glad I found it.

Well, good luck to you Jerry! We appreciate you staying over there! :D

Great Stuff, you guys, and any thread with Kelly and Suzie Q involved will be ANYTHING but weak! Maybe Jerry is interested in a partial retraction?

popcorn2.gif

Anybody else?

DLB

I believe that there are still differing opinions on here. Check out a thread about the countdown and you'll usually see Paul and I going back and forth on it.

People have been critical of Morgans team this year, when Erica & Gregg left Schumacher, any move that nhra makes. Look at the comments on TJ and Melanie's new show, its being panned almost 100% but the "mean" factor has been erased. People now are giving opinions on it, offering suggestions and such, in the old mater days people would have ripped on them claiming that because of the show they shouldn't drive, have kids or vote anymore while name calling the entire time.

The difference is that is it done with more repsect and accountability then before. I could care less if people want to question a tune up call, pit curtains or anything else. Its just the tone in which it is done.
Admittedly I wasn't a big fan of the real names when it happened (I wanted nicknames still but mods able to see who people really were to control things being the scenes) but I do think that it has worked great.

Maybe we have less insider info but we used to get so much BS insider info before. Remember how often we'd get a first time poster with some big strory to break that was just 100% junk. I don't miss that, I don't miss moderating childish post.

We had name people lurking before and we have them now. Yes a few would post under their real names and a few others were able to hide behind nicknames. I too would like to see more come on here but I don't see a huge flock of them on any other boards either so it must not be us.

Feel free to like or not like someone, praise or critique a move. I know you are not alone in this opinion Jerry but all I can say to you and the others is jump in, start talking you may be surprised.

great post p.j you also paul miller! i love posting on here but we all have to remeber its only opinion. i just dont like when me or another mater posts an opinion and its bashed by some keyboard crewchief with something like- get a clue- or you dont know anything. again, this isnt cuba i dont have to agree with everyone on here. personally i think NO ONE one here says anything negative about team shumacher because big don posts on here and thier afraid he will get mad at them. personally i dont care. i think the golden boy not shutting off after rick stewart gave him the shut off sign was pompus and doug is the real champion. but again thats just me. tons of g.a bashing on here but no cagnazzi bashing and thier dominating now. but oh well. i say its great we are all so pasonate about our sport, but bashing and hate is just wrong. lets keep it clean because the mater is a great place for all of us. and go team EE. coming form a ga fan :D

I will say that I was pulling for Shoe, because of everything THEY had to do to be there to have a chance at "the Run" Having said that, I also think if Rick had done his job like everyone thinks he should have, that would be a non issue... Tony did not make it past the tree on that run anyhow... Rick is in charge up there, he should have bulbed him, or just stood in Shoe's lane...

Now, if I had known how ill Doug's father was...
That is where my heart would have been... Now I feel sick that Doug was not able to take home the championship for Senior to see... :(

That really makes me feel rotten...

actaully Don does get hit on in here. Often you'll see dsr reffered to as the evil empire. The nice thing about Don is that he seems to be able to take it.
And I do believe that there was much discussion over that when it happened with nobidy pulling punches

I would hate for this to be a bend over and kiss booty club when a driver comes in (yeah I know some of you will claim its always been that) I also don't think a driver needs to be challenged or offended when they come here either. Answer some questions, chat and be part of the mater family. It just takes some yahoo to go off the deep end, or get bent when they either can't or don't answer a question that ruins it. A little think skin is nice but it shouldn't be a requirement.

THink about it would you come to a message board (here or elsewhere) if you were gonna receive negativity all the time? Check boards for other sports do you see Shaq, or Bonds or Manning or anyone lese out there? Not unless its a special chat on espn or the like.

Nice to have you and your mis-spelling back P... :D
I'm not sure who typed your earlier post, but good job whoever you are... :p

Does anyone remember playing the telephone game as a kid, You whisper something in someones ear they do the same to the next person and by the time it passes through the 10 or 20 people playing its usually something much different.

This thread is getting like that.

It started out as a comment on the Erica blog, jumped to us being arse kissers, then a state of the mater speech, of course the obligitory countdown bash, then a jump on Jerry fest, some mention of lotion, then to last years finals with Tony and what did Rick do right/wrong and now we're rewriting who is the rightful champ from last year. I need a damn score card to keep up with this :D

Nice to have you and your mis-spelling back P... :D
I'm not sure who typed your earlier post, but good job whoever you are... :p

I don't usually spell check, I don't have time. Ealier I was actually trying to make sense so I did check it over. Besdies since you stalk every post I make the spelling erros slows you down and lets me stay a couple ssteps ahaed of yuo :)

And I used to be accused of thread derailment on a regular basis. lol....it's super contagious! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back