Goin' out for breakfast at the race? (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
What's your favorite breakfast place/pancake house to eat at before heading to the track (could be for any track)?

For example, years ago, I heard about a place near Pomona that had pancakes as big as the plate. I can't remember the name of restaurant but the big pancake part was true. Is there a place you normally go to for a good breakfast when going to an NHRA event?

A bunch of us went to the Funny Car Chaos Classic a few years in a row and hit up the Buc-ee's in Ennis every morning. Last year at Phx, we hit up Rudy's BBQ for breakfast a couple mornings. Am I missing anything @Paul Songas?

Pomona I always go to El Merendaro right behind the tower (thanks Eugene for suggesting the place) they have huge breakfast burritos that fill a big guy like me until midday when I grab a hotdog from somewhere. On Fridays they are discounted until 10am I think.

When I'm in Vegas I usually stay somewhere in the north part of the city and I usually just stop at the McDonalds on Vegas Blvd and its a straight shot to the track.

We typically eat at the hotel for breakfast, but coming home from Maple Grove there is a great diner called Wimpy Dee's. It's about 30 minutes or so away from the track. They have lots of old pictures all over the place from Maple Grove and if I'm remembering right York Dragway. Typically see race fans there too.

371 Diner is pretty popular with the racing community in Brainerd. One of the top FC Co-Crew Chiefs mom is (or was) a server last time we were in there.

What's your favorite breakfast place/pancake house to eat at before heading to the track (could be for any track)?

For example, years ago, I heard about a place near Pomona that had pancakes as big as the plate. I can't remember the name of restaurant but the big pancake part was true. Is there a place you normally go to for a good breakfast when going to an NHRA event?
Corky's? I tried them at the Finals last November. I rated it 2/5 stars. Here is a snip from my Yelp review lol
Capture.JPG

When in St. Louis, I always try to hit up Southwest Diner in the Maplewood. Their Carne Adovada, red chile braised pork shoulder with eggs, home fries and flour tortillas is super good. Small place, usually packed. But only 15 minutes from WWTR.

Brackett Field airport is right across the street from the Pomona dragstrip. Indeed, the well-heeled team owners use it to fly their own jets to the Winternationals and NHRA Finals. At any rate, they have a real good breakfast/lunch diner there called Norm's Hanger Coffee Shop. You'd never know it was there unless you are a real local to the area.

I don't go there on race weekends because they are not open early enough. I'm one of those guys that is in line at the gate to the parking lot at 6am to get a good parking spot.

good topic for a thread.......brainerd has a lot of them, and they're all great.
the 371 diner, the sawmill inn (wild rice omelet), the skillet (favorite), the front street cafe, and the gas can rite at entrance to BIR, can enter from track side too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back