NHRA Moves Awards (1 Viewer)

vegasnitro

Nitro Member
NHRA moves their awards to the Universal City Hilton .... hmmm ... that sounds familiar .... OH YEAH ... I setup the guest room internet there earlier this year. Place has wired and wireless in every room.

The place is sooooo LA ... the hotel bartenders keep headshots and portfolios and crap behind the bar. A couple of the girls that work at the front desk do the same thing. The place is right next door to NBC Studios, it is the hotel where Jay Leno puts up all of his guests, so a lot of famous people trickle through there ... so EVERYONE thinks they are going to be discovered there. It's hilarious. Every conversation with the staff there is like this: "I am working here and take acting/comedy/improv/singing classes at night" or "I just took this job until my agent ..." The breakfast buffet is awesome (fresh squeezed OJ and an omelette/pancake/waffle station). They have a free shuttle to Universal Studios every 15 minutes ... I ate dinner every night on the Studio Walk ... it was very good too. Of all the places I have worked for this job, it definitely ranks in the top 5.

If you plan on attending the awards, fly in and out of Burbank ... it is only 10 minutes from the hotel and sit in the back of the plane, Burbank doesn't have jetways, so they open the front AND back doors of planes there for boarding/deplaning. So in theory, you could sit all the way in the back ... and be the first person off the plane. And everyone lines up at the front stairs for boarding, so walk to the back one and you could be the first person on the plane. (I must qualify this by saying I have always flown Southwest there, so I could sit wherever I wanted ... other airlines would obviously have assigned seating)

Here is a pic of the view I had out of my room on the 10th floor. The view is of the 101 heading to Downtown LA. <click on pic for larger image>

Last edited:
Not quite next door to NBC. NBC is in Burbank. Universal is about twenty minutes away in North Hollywood.

Jay

I always wonder why they find places so far away from Pomona for the awards. True, some people have rentals cars, etc, but many, especially the lower classes, drive to the races in their rigs. Seems like it would be much more convenient for all to be closer to the track. Must be to easy!

Will it be open to NHRA members like it was for 4 years? That was the best show going. Then they moved it to the Weston hotel and the Boneventure hotel in LA and made it a "by invitation only" event.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back