"gentlemen start your engines" (1 Viewer)

blackbeard

Nitro Member
first off, i am thankful for everything that the Lucas family has and is doing for the sport. but if we are going to separate ourselves from NASCRAP, we can at least not steal their starting line slogan or whatever.

(for those of you that don't remember, charlotte lucas was the master of ceremonies and began the race with "gentlemen start your engines")

Is that the best complaint you can come up with to start the week off?

Regardless it's still the most famous words in MOTORSPORTS.

i'm not trying to whine. i'm saying that some of us do not like nascar and do not want to be associated with it. i'm sure i'm not alone here.

no reason to get hostile

i'm not trying to whine. i'm saying that some of us do not like nascar and do not want to be associated with it. i'm sure i'm not alone here.

no reason to get hostile

Ha! Should we kick Budwieser out too? That's associated with Nascar, what about Goodyear? Powerade's doing some marketing over there, should we kick them out too? What about Dodge, Ford, Chevrolet? Oh, crap, this isolation for big mean old Nascars going to be tough.

Ha! Should we kick Budwieser out too? That's associated with Nascar, what about Goodyear? Powerade's doing some marketing over there, should we kick them out too? What about Dodge, Ford, Chevrolet? Oh, crap, this isolation for big mean old Nascars going to be tough.

someone woke up on the wrong side of the rock this morning!
geico.jpg

"Are you ready for some NITRO!!!!!"
"Bring the Noise"
or
"Let's get ready to Rumble"....oh that's taken already...:rolleyes:

I hate Bob Frey's "lets go racing"
"Gentelemen start your engines" blew
Good thing Mel or Hill were'nt the first pair- :eek:

I say "light'em up!!" :D

but, whatever spins your starter- :p

I remember when Richard Petty retired and the first time he was MC at a race he said "All right boys, fire 'em up" a few sit there, a few fired, then (after some talking in the background being advised on what to say "Gentlemen start your engines."

I say just get going, who cares?

DLB

it used to be standard that as soon as the national anthem ended , you fired up. no orders or words, you pulled the trigger as soon as the last note ended.

How about "Gentlemen, please begin the combustion process!" But what happens if the first two out are women. Does that mean we have to send them to the back of the line and have two men as the first pair? Uh oh... I smell a lawsuit now...:confused:

I don't care if it's ready set go as long as it's not boogidy boogidy boogidy. "Ladies and Gentle, it's time to race", would be nice.

There must be something more important to complain about this morning besides how Charlotte started the race. I sure hope she doesn't read this.

There must be something more important to complain about this morning besides how Charlotte started the race. I sure hope she doesn't read this.
Lets hope Bob isnt reading this- :eek:
I thought Charlotte did great- :)
But do we really need any words after the national anthem-
spinning starter and max cackle is all I need to hear- :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back