Gas Monkeys vs. Street Outlaws (1 Viewer)

It was hard for me to listen to that Asshat Richard Rawlings before, but after that big matchup he's a complete AssMonkey.
And for Alex, I wasn't impressed.

Why was he an assmonkey? I don't think that it was fair that Chief was trying to press him into driving, he said flatout he's never driven anything like that. And after seeing Alex put the car into the wall, I'm sure he felt that it was smarter to not give in and try. Those are pretty fast cars, and evil. Who's saying what's scripted and what's real, so I'm not going to read into any of it too much, but overall it was entertaining.

My thoughts exactly Larry, I think sometimes we overanalyze this stuff. My DVR is set to record a whole bunch of the car shows, including the builders. That allows me to zip through commercials and any dialogue that's too much, and enjoy the cars. But, some of the dialogue IS entertaining!

So we have a bunch of guys who race on porta-dragstrips in Oklahoma vs. a bunch of guys who wouldn't know a dragstrip from a drag show from Dallas....and they both pass a dozen tracks on the way to Fontana. Good for Fontana, weird for the rest of us. I feel bad for the Laughlin's....it will be awhile before they live that one down.

Aaron has been seen at KC's paint shop with cameras around, I'm thinking spin off show.
I saw an interview right after the news broke and he said that he loved the entertainment aspect and would be up for doing something. He also said though if anything wasn't happening within six months he would probably let that door close.

There were rules in place, RR broke 3 of the five. The challenge was GM vs SO, Richard brought in the Laughlins who do not work for him as hired guns. Richard also hired a tuner to be at the track, GM did not build the car.
Rules were 68-72 production car, steel roof and quarters 2015 Challenger
Car must have a vin Challenger was a pre production car, no vin
Aaron or Richard to drive hired gun Alex....choked

yes it was good tv though

I agree, Richard's team had a bunch of those ?? marks going around their heads.. He hired the "best" but no deal.. Big Chief should have manned up and took the bet and walked away with the cool $50k from Richard's pocket.

While I'm on the subject, Has anyone here tried the Gas Monkey Energy drink? They don't have it here. Red Bull tastes like that orange flavored baby aspirin. Wonder what his is like?

Big Chef is a punk and Rawlings is an Ahole, but I watched it anyway . It was better than anything else on TV.

I dont think either show gained much, i like the build up but the race wasnt very good. I will admit that I dont watch either show very much but it did draw interest with the challenge.

At least they ran them on a drag strip and got time slips. Not the random blip of mph which means nothing on the drag strip. .And yes next November will mark my 30th anniversary of owning 1 form of the Firebird. So I will give my hats off to BC for sticking with the Pontiac motor even though I still swear at whoever created the timing chain cover/water pump/ sleeves through the timing chain cover.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back