garbage right lane (1 Viewer)

A one lane 1000' racetrack. Man, what excitement!!!! Glad I'm cured.

u hit the nail on the head as far as i'm concerned. i no longer watch show as its being broadcast, choosing to dvr it instead, and let me tell ya, i'm wearing out the fast forward button on my remote

A few years ago Seattle was a one-lane track for the fuel cars with a bump at half-track. There was a friggin' petition going around among the drivers to not come back until they agreed to fix it. They ground it, and it's much better.

My question is, since everyone seems to agree that the right lane at Ennis sucks year after year, where's the petition? Where are the torches and pitchforks for not returning there?

One lane racing is just a bunch of solo runs for low-ET. Not much fun...

I haven't been to Ennis or lived in DFW since 2002... so feel free to shed some light otherwise; but I don't remember that track having that problem before ? ? In the late 80's/early 90's that was the baddest, fastest, most-coveted racing surfrace on the tour. Whatever it was, I agree it sucks. But hats off to the people who did make decent passes on that side.

I have great memories at that track; mostly 80's stuff.....
the Miller High Life Oldsmobile ripped off a 5.13
Ormsby & Beard's ugly-azz primered top fueler re-writing the record books
Eddie Hill in tears after clinching
Scott Kalitta double qualifying in 2 types of nitro cars
Mark Oswald (or perhaps it was Hoffman) blowing the body off at 1/2 track
BJ & AJ running amazing alcohol numbers
Wayne Bailey grenading an engine
The ultimate Cruz/Force pedal fest
Richard Hartman's really bad fire
Priscilla Presley on the starting line with Force
Alderman & the Dodge Boys amazing runs
The Birthday Funny Car Bash - the track staff handing birthday cake to everyone over the fence
Last but not least, my Dad being a semi-finalist at the Lone Star Buick Club Nationals in his '87 Buick GNX vs. PGA golfer Bruce Lietzky in his GNX!

I haven't been to Ennis or lived in DFW since 2002... so feel free to shed some light otherwise; but I don't remember that track having that problem before ? ?

I don't either, and I do remember the "Ennis is amazing" years, but someone (Cory? Don't remember who) was interviewed and seemed to indicate that the right lane sucked "again", as in "like last year". Don't have the exact quote, or even who... sorry...

If it didn't suck last year, then it means it was a track prep issue, no? You'd think they would've worked like heck between rounds to fix it.

I know TF crewchiefs don't want to here this but.............TC may be the answer to one lane elimination runs.

I know TF crewchiefs don't want to here this but.............TC may be the answer to one lane elimination runs.

Ummm, I don't think it would help much, would it? You'd have a closer race, without all the smoking tires, but the guy in the bad lane would still lose...

AFAIK, TC works by detecting the slip, then backing off until it doesn't slip. So, you're in the lousy lane and you back off until you don't slip, that means you lose against someone who doesn't have to back off at all. Right?

Ummm, I don't think it would help much, would it? You'd have a closer race, without all the smoking tires, but the guy in the bad lane would still lose...

AFAIK, TC works by detecting the slip, then backing off until it doesn't slip. So, you're in the lousy lane and you back off until you don't slip, that means you lose against someone who doesn't have to back off at all. Right?

Exactly. Traction control doesn't make traction where there isn't any it just *helps* you get the most of what is available. Even given two equal lanes a car that is very close or right at the edge and doesn't have traction control should outrun a car that is over the edge and uses the traction control to get down the track.

I could be wrong.....but the right lane in Ennis bit Bruce Allen pretty good.

I have been to every national event at Ennis since it opened except 2007 and I dont recall them every having a one lane drag strip. I'm not sure what caused it, but hopefully they get it fixed.

And Terry, if I recall I think Bruce bit Bruce on that run.

Gee, here we are discussing a one lane deal and just last week is was four cars wide!
What a difference a week makes.
Cheers.

Justin,
Bruce said in a post accident interview that the right lane at Ennis is very sketchy w/ a narrow groove.....and yes he said he stayed in it too long but had never had that happen before while staying in it even further downtrack at other venues..

Come on Terry, clearly he is a JFR fan and is looking for any reason to bash the Pedregon Brothers. Wouldn't be ironic for Jeremy if the Pedregon's take out all 4 of the JFR cars in Memphis. I think it is hilarious that the past 2 years they have cleaned everyone's clock and took home the championship with less of a budget.

It would be ironic. And no, I'm not looking for an opportunity to "bash" the Pedregon brothers. Wherever there's smoke, there's fire, Paul. And there's always smoke at the Pedregon camp. They are always complaining or "suggesting" something -- which is precisely why, despite their championships they've won and perhaps will win, they'll never be legends.

But if they deserved to win, then so be it. You shouldn't assume so much, Paul.

I have been to every national event at Ennis since it opened except 2007 and I dont recall them every having a one lane drag strip. I'm not sure what caused it, but hopefully they get it fixed.

And Terry, if I recall I think Bruce bit Bruce on that run.

When Dixon won in 2007, it was a one lane race track. Seems like it was pretty hot that year as well. Probably more of a problem on really hot days.

P.S. It was good to meet you Sunday...........

It would be ironic. And no, I'm not looking for an opportunity to "bash" the Pedregon brothers. Wherever there's smoke, there's fire, Paul. And there's always smoke at the Pedregon camp. They are always complaining or "suggesting" something -- which is precisely why, despite their championships they've won and perhaps will win, they'll never be legends.

But if they deserved to win, then so be it. You shouldn't assume so much, Paul.

SMOKE ? You must be looking at John Force Racing. With all the resources and all the money they have if they don't win the championship there is a major problem. Looks to me like they are trying to be the show. If John Force had anymore makeup on he would be a drag queen. 4 cars all the sponsorship in the world and you can't seal the deal ? something is wrong.

Bob Vandergriff went 3.91 in the right lane first round but lost on a holeshot. That was 3rd or 4th quickest of the round.

The solution might be...
If there is a "problem" with a lane they should switch to "ONE LANE DRAGS!!!" They can do the math with reaction times and et's to come up with a winner. This way EVERYONE has a fighting chance because they are all using the same lane. The TV folks could overlay the runs to see what it would have looked like if it was side by side. That way Paul and Mike could still have a job. Seriously, at least the fans would see 16 good runs without the interference of bad lane. Ok???

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back