Force/Prock lane choice. (1 Viewer)

Leebone

Nitro Member
Why in the world did they choose the right lane in the second round, especially after running low ET in the left lane in the first round? As the Lost In Space robot would say "that does not compute." TJ had to be licking his chops when Force took the troublesome right lane. Yes, Courtney won the race in the right lane, but Del dropped a cylinder. I don't get Prock's decision. Not much was said on TV. Guess it will remain a mystery. :confused:

In pretty similar conditions, they ran a 4.140 which was low et of the day in the right lane the day before. Must have been something they liked about the lane.

It put a hole out on the right side before it smoked the tires. That slid the car over a bit, not out of the groove but enough to slide the tire, and with the hole out, messed everything up.

Last edited:
Prock chose that lane because he thought he could win in that lane. Now the deal where Erica Enders didn't get to pick her lane despite having a quicker ET in the Charlotte left-over Saturday Eliminations ... well that is another kettle of fish.

Prock chose that lane because he thought he could win in that lane. Now the deal where Erica Enders didn't get to pick her lane despite having a quicker ET in the Charlotte left-over Saturday Eliminations ... well that is another kettle of fish.
How the hell did that happen? I missed it so this is the first I've read about Erica getting hosed on lane choice.

Fish in a kettle? Must be a Kentucky thing....

Horse of a different color? Zebra of a different stripe? Bird of a different feather?

Technically, we did fry crappie, catfish and blue gill in a small cast iron kettle over a propane burner outdoors so it didn't stink up the house. Now we use a basket in a our Turkey fryer. Redneck ingenuity!!!

Last edited:
Or possibly a Domer thing???? Hi Mike, how ya doin? Any seat time in the fuel altered?

Got in a few laps this summer at a couple different races. Looks like that book is closing though. The team is up for sale. Working on a couple of things for next year.

Best of luck and keep me up to date, ok? Is the fuel altered as wild to drive as it looks like?

Fellow Mater Erica Ortiz wrote a nice article about it. Basically, they based lane choice on Dallas qualifying ET's, and not round Charlotte elimination ETs (even though they both occurred at Dallas). So while Erica's elimination ET was quicker, Shane Gray's qualifying time was quicker ... so he got lane choice.

http://www.examiner.com/article/lane-choice-controversy-costs-enders-stevens-valuable-points
Thanks for the link. I sthink it's idiotic to have to compete for one race during qualifying for another. Damn hard to be competitive when you don't have any data on the track.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back