Gann 17th After One Round of Qualifying in St. Louis (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]The RumBum Buell Stalls at the Line Before Day 1 is Washed Out

MADISON, Ill. – “It sucks!”

Shawn Gann isn’t one to mince words and he didn’t start today after his RumBum/XTreme Rebellion/Jimmy John’s Buell failed to launch during the only qualifying session for the NHRA Full Throttle Pro Motorcycle class at Gateway International Raceway, putting the Stoneville, N.C., native in 17th position. Day 1 of the O’Reilly NHRA Midwest Nationals Presented by Castrol was eventually called following PSM Q1 when heavy rains rolled over the track during Pro Stock qualifying.

“I don’t know what happened,” said Gann, a four-time PSM National event winner. “We were looking forward to having a big weekend with our RumBum/XTreme Rebellion Buell and were pumped because Jimmy John’s came onboard for this race.

“We wanted to give them a better show than this, but the weather looks better tomorrow and I know we’ll get in the show. At least I know I’ll have good food waiting for me in the motorcoach thanks to Jimmy John’s.”

Defending event winner Andrew Hines is currently the provisional top qualifier with an ET of 6.92. Pro Stock Motorcycle qualifying is set to kick off Saturday at 11:30 a.m. CDT.

The O’Reilly NHRA Midwest Nationals Presented by Castrol can be seen on ESPN2 with qualifying airing Saturday at 5 p.m. CDT and eliminations shown at 6 p.m. CDT Sunday. Eliminations will re-air Wednesday morning on ESPN2 at 2 a.m. CDT.

Fans can follow Shawn Gann at Twitter.com/ShawnGann or on his page on Facebook.

Attachments

• Gann StLouis.jpg
    Gann StLouis.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 12
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back