Force vs. Manzo in wins (1 Viewer)

You can't say enough great things about Manzo. The way he dominated for so many years in such a hard class to run, so impressive. No disrespect to any of the other legends, but in my opinion, Manzo is the greatest drag racer of all time.

my 2 cents....

While Manzo is one of the best drag racers of all time, there are so many differences between classes you can't easily compare TF/FC and the alky classes. Just as Angelle is one of the greatest drag racers of all time, the class she runs is very different than Manzo's or Force's. Same with Tony Schumacher. Top Fuel is different enough from TF/FC.
Could Frank have kept up his kind of winning if he ran TF/FC? Could he (with his different kind of personality) have courted the sponsors and kept up the budgets necessary to run Nitro for so many years, with the best crewchiefs? Being his own crewchief, would he have the years of success that teams have with having hired ones?
Would he have the legions of fans, most casual to drag racing, who dig Force's over the top personality?

When I was young I used to watch Manzo and Bob Newberry race and say "I wish they would step up to Nitro". Then, years later, I understood that he was right where he wanted to be racing, where he was great at it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back