Force says 4th team coming back....... (1 Viewer)

I think John's been advertising his choice for a while..

2006CastrolGTXbody_4.jpg

Ok, maybe that is a stretch but if you connect the following dots:

Tasca was given a Force chassis to race with.
I believe Tasca is the only other racer NOT on Team Force using John's Mustang molds.
John and Tasca Ford go way back.

Tasca is pegged for the 4th car.

Now to add another element to the whole deal...

I get the impression that John has been developing him for something much greater that Alcohol Funny Car. Not that an Alky flopper isn't respectable, it most certainly is, but it's not Nitro!

I personally think that Tasca may have been lined up for Team Force for quite some time now, not as a 5th car - but to step into John's car when he decides to retire. "Next Generation": all young drivers running for Team Force. If you think about it, it seems to make sense (at least to me). So putting Bob III into the 4th car makes alot of sense.

Now what are the chances of Team Force in a few years being Force, Hight, Tasca and Todd? That I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

If the long term plan (John's retirement) is a fit for a Castrol car, I'd reason they'll have input (as signifcant as Ford's).

if force does in fact add a fourth car, that will make two first class rides available come 2008. i'd like to see JR Todd get another shot at a well funded team. I think he's earned it and i kinda feel bad for the guy losing crew chiefs to better funded teams

thanks for the clear up ray, i really hope when the time comes it j.r- erics best friend but i think it will be tasca with jr getting the oakley ride

I'd put my vote in for Tasca what with the connection between he and Force!!

Yeah, what is the connection? I see a "FORCE" sticker on Bob's car, and a "TASCA" sticker on John's car.

Edit - never mind :D It would help if I read the entire thread before posting stupid questions! :cool:

Last edited:
I'd like to see Bob get the ride, met him in Ohio when he shouted David Smith and I dinner after their win, a very nice guy that's for sure.

I think Tasca would be a great fit for John's "Next Generation" drivers. However, one thing that is making me think that if the oppurtunity was presented to Bob and he turned it down would be the fact that he has young children and wouldn't want to be away from them for 23+ weekends per year

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back