Force/NHRA conspiracy afoot (1 Viewer)

Ted

Nitro Member
I was hittin' the kool-aid pretty hard this weekend to ease the withdrawls from a month without racing when the following occorred to me:

Is it just a coincidence that Force is having his worst start in 20 years the same year that NHRA introduces a "chase" format that everyone hates?

i think it is safe to say that his mind has been elsewhere since Gainesville

Ted... step away from the Kool-Aide...

let's see, win it 02, miss it 03, win it in 04, miss it 05, win it 06, miss it 07... could just be an even/odd thing...

as far as the chase... if Ron, Robert, or Tony P don't win it:mad:... and I just Love:rolleyes: the "playoffs" starting before regular season play end... or does the season end after Reading? If so, are we going to have two separate 8 car fields?

And is Vegas2 and the Finals going to be 4 car shows and a 16 car show????

If you think there is oppostion to the Chase now, just wait till someone outside the Top 5 wins the Championship! :eek:

don't even get me going on the dumb arse fake chase:mad:

I was hittin' the kool-aid pretty hard this weekend to ease the withdrawls from a month without racing when the following occorred to me:

Is it just a coincidence that Force is having his worst start in 20 years the same year that NHRA introduces a "chase" format that everyone hates?
Looks like you were hittin' the bong pretty hard as well there Ted... :D

I'm always in for a good conspiracy theory, but this one doesn't hold 70wt. :eek:

I am really sick and tired of NHRA trying to force (no pun intended) feed this fake championship down everybody's throat. I understand there hasn't been a race in a few weeks but it seems like every couple of days on NHRA.com there's an article about how great the new points system is because drivers that would normally be out of the chase are magically still alive because of the championship (and I use that term loosely) chase. Kevin McKenna's column in this week's National Dragster is titled "Countdown to the Championship-How do You Like Me Now?" if Kevin and the rest of Glendora want to know the answer to that question, then why don't they put a poll on NHRA.com asking simply "Do you favor or oppose the new points system? "At least this way here they can get a pulse of what their fans feel, instead of telling the fans what they want them to believe.

Last edited:

The "Chase" was announced prior to the first pass of the season so how was it supposed to favor anyone at that point. I really think Force will be there when the bell rings however and this won't be the last we hear of the conspiracy theory at that point?
Film by Oliver Stone at 11:00.

Just look at who John has to take out/ watch them stumble and fall all over themselves to get himself into the top 8 in time.. Not a whole lot of muscle in that list to stop the juggernaut, especially with 6 in a row and 8 in 9... This is where a polished team like this one will shine. The question is- do they want it? If the do, look out.. could be one of the great drag racing stories that we (except for PJ :D) will tell our grandkids about.. No conspiracy- just the potential for some pretty impressive performance to come out of that camp at the right time.

Its gonna take a lot of first/second round matches against the likes of Capps, Hight, Wildthing and the male Ashley to bump this train off the tracks.

Last edited:
Except for RC, RH, and TP, the rest of top flop looks pretty even... or is that except for Ace, Jimmy, and Dickie V, the rest of top flop looks pretty even.... three dark horses are Mike & Ron, Ashley & Guido, and Jeffy Blue & Chris C...

and yeah, would have loved to see a season long horse race between GA, JL, Jeggie and DC... looking for Double E to be a contender next season...

But the farce to the Chumpionship... divide the country into 8 divisions, and let the top car from each division race for the title... and make the PROS run 5 Division races... only in their claimed division... besides as many National Events they want to, but they can only claim 4 and Indy is double points... (claims before first run of qualifying and if you don't Qualify, Tuff beans)...

Then we'll have the true NHRA Champion....

World Champion will be a best of Seven match between, IHRA Champion and NHRA Champion, alternating Pro Stock Car rules in the "World Series" every other season...

If you think there is oppostion to the Chase now, just wait till someone outside the Top 5 wins the Championship! :eek:
You just watch, Force will sneak into the top 8 and that`s when that Castrol car will start hauling the mail. I honestly think John will be the car to beat...IF he gets in!

It's got everyone talking. Wasn't that the idea?

Only that it's the worst Idea to come out of Glendora.

Last Page in the June 1 issue of ND... The Play offs and World Series are so two leagues can decide who is the Champion. March Madness is to see who's the best BB team in College... and it's a standard ladder... once you're out, you don't play...

So NHRA, Starting at Indy, only the Final 8 can run...

After Richmond, Only the Final 4...

This will make for a Quick LIVE broadcast at the World Finals... 3 Passes and the race is over... heck you can do that in two hours...

Also make for a less crowded pit area...

OR Run the Play offs as a separate Show on Saturday, and have a normal 16 car field Sunday without the people going for the championship...

It will be interesting to see if the car counts start to drop after Indy.

Hell, with Gilby already "selectively" running, and P/S teams already dropping like flies, how hard is it gonna be for some teams to just leave it in the box after Indy anyway?

TV focus is going to be directed to the teams that make the 8/4 just as a perk for getting to that point, making it senseless for some teams to even show up.. But thats just my opinion... We'll have to see come September..

Whats even worse is the condesending egotistical attitude from the suits on this as well. No discussion about this, talk to only one team who needed the extra help this bs system creates. Can't get a response, even in person. OZ has spoken regardless of how stupid it is. They don't care. They figure if they cram it down our throats and make up plenty of stories glorifying it that we'll eventually fall for it. Nascar has lost market share since they went to this and there is no alternative to nascar. We at least have ihra.

At this point even if this does blow up in their faces, I fear that they will never admit a mistake and go back to a true champion.

I really feel bad for whomever wins the phony trophy this year.

I really hate hearing drivers who once complained and now because they can't find the finish line with a tail wind are all of a sudden in favor of it.

Ya know I told myself not to get worked up about this today and just to stay out of it.....at least I made it a few hours. My therapist will be happy.

Any rich people/sponsors out there I have a winning idea to make you money and to end this chase all in the same weekend.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back