First trip to Bristol (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
I'm taking my first trip to Bristol.

Any do/don't/ must sees for the area?
Not sure which day we will hit the track yet as that will be determined by the weather.

Ill be there all 3 days,grdeat race mto attend as long as weather is nice,we should meet up for a beer?? ill be in the thunder valley club on sunday maybe saturday too??

Bristol is one of my absolute favorite places to go, I hate that I am missing it this year. The track is unlike any other you will find anywhere. Make sure you take the time to go over and see the oval track, which is a site unto itself. Have a good time!

I have considered going a couple of times, only to not be able to squeeze in enough Vaca! And each time they had bad weather, so that is a Gambler event that's for sure!

The wife and I went the year CMac had his big crash. Flew into Nashville and drove across state to Bristol. Did their version of the TEC (Thunder Valley Club). Great experience, would do it again in a heartbeat. I remember we ate at a good italian restaurant (Machiavellis after looking online) in Bristol. Of course the Hooters in Bristol packs em in after the races.

Last edited:
I'll be there too. Bristol is my favorite track without a doubt, and it's either really hot or it's raining lol.

Definitely the most beautiful track I've ever been to. I went back in the early 90s when it was IHRA and it was awesome then. Went again in 09 on the Hot Rod Power Tour and was amazed at how much nicer it is.

I'm taking my first trip to Bristol.

Any do/don't/ must sees for the area?
Not sure which day we will hit the track yet as that will be determined by the weather.

That's awesome, it really is a beautiful track. I also made the drive from Nashville to Bristol via I-40, and it was really nice. If you're up to doing a little driving, you could head south a little bit into the Smoky Mountains and do some sight seeing there. Have a great time!

Watching last year up at my parents house I mentioned how it looked like a nice area and we should go. Next thing I knew my kids, wife and parents had a trip planned.

We are doing the smokies for a few days, then going to head to the track for a day.

jeremy sounds good, we;ll have to do that. Greggo can't wait

Be sure to come up to the RV area behind the pro pits for a round during the weekend. It's really a neat perspective sitting up there. They'll give you a ride up the hill in a golf cart, then take a left and go as far as you can into the corner of the RV area. We'll have a couple of EZup tents set up, you can kick back and watch the action. Between rounds stop by site A28, also at the top of the hill headed back down to the pro pits, and say "Hey, Murdock!" :)

You'll also love the Smokies. It's mighty pretty country.

Pj def up for that beer,ill also be at hotel too over weeknd not sure if you are ?? Murdock that would be cool to see from up top like that,do you have to have special pass or anything to get up there?

Greggo, you are gonna love this track. As long as the weather cooperates, you can't beat the location and the sound. I wanna go back REAL BAD. Was hoping this would be the year, but not gonna happen. Have fun.

The forecast looks ok for now. And the rainmaker aka Mark Krogen isn't going :( so we got that going for us :D

Totally awesome track to visit... I was there in 2006 and 2007.... and Friday evening qualifying is the best. Something about the sun setting over the mountains there makes the most scenic track on the tour that much better.

If you want a variety of good food in the area go into virginia at exit 7 off of I-81 I think into Abington, and you have outback and several other good restaurants there.

Guarantee you have never heard any drag strip like THUNDER VALLEY USA ...

IT is awesome ! ENJOY !

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back