First post from UK member (1 Viewer)

stephenm

Nitro Member
Hi

I'm Stephen, I've been lurking on this great site for a while and though it was time to get involved.

I live in Windsor in the UK and went to my first race at a USAF air base in 1969 when I was 13. I have watched European racing ever since and attend at least three US meetings each season.

I own an Outlaw bike which has run a 7.6 although I hasten to add my riding days ended some time ago. Now it's the build and tune duties which ring my bell.

Despite being involved in bikes, drag racing has and always be about nitro whether it be TF cars, Funny cars or TF bikes.

I look forward to getting involved.

Stephen

Welcome to the Mater Stephen. Glad to have you from the other side of the pond. Being from the UK you must have a favorite football team. I was over in London last fall and caught a Fulham match so I now support them by default.

COYW

Last edited:
Jim

Manchester United is my club Jim - owned by the Glazer family who own Tampa Bay Bucs. It's sort of weird that our two top clubs are owned by an American and a Russian.

Fulham ............ won't comment :D

Hey Stephan. You'll also want to check this board out if you haven't already.

Drag Racing

I've been infiltrating UK drag racing message boards for years just to keep an eye on those folks! LOL. Stephan's probably/prolly a double agent!

Jim

Manchester United is my club Jim - owned by the Glazer family who own Tampa Bay Bucs. It's sort of weird that our two top clubs are owned by an American and a Russian.

Fulham ............ won't comment :D

ManU! that's like rooting for the Yankees or the Red Sox over here...wait a min, never mind the Red Sox are my team :D We were over in London during the World Series and I was happy to find that it was on TV over there, the coverage was great an I loved how there were not any commercials and they went back to the studio for commentary breakdown.

It is amazing the amount of foreign ownership in the EPL. Fulham owned by Mohamed Al Fayed (I know that is a sore spot for some of you over there) and Liverpool is owned by George Gillette (also of Gillette Everenham Racing in NASCAR and the owner of the Montreal Canadiens).

COYW

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back