Espn (1 Viewer)

StockersRock

Nitro Member
Entertainment iS Poker Network
Fabulous support of NHRA drag racing. They couldn't show some kind of drag racing since there's no Grove tonight? Lame.

Once again they dont show thing for free. NHRA would have had to pay to show something. The poker tour has lots of addvertisers who will step up any time it is shown. Drag Racing just does not have that kind of financial suport.

So, instead I just watched last week's Driving Force that I hadn't seen yet. I realized that I've never seen an ad for the NHRA, or it's events during the show, such like you see watching the races on "the deuce". I'd say NHRA is shooting themselves in the foot on this one, but I'm not even sure they could hold the gun the right way.

ESPN does what ESPN does . . . I, too, would like to see more promotional support for the drag racing, particularly during the presentation of other sports. Such promotion is not uncommon and helps to build audience as well as the revenue base. Since ESPN charges for the time, it only makes sense that they would want the time to be more valuable. The optimal example is the Super Bowl. The cost to advertise during that game is so great that several small countries could use their entire national wealth and not be able to buy an ad.
Is it just me? The PowerAde ads are not up to their previous standard in my judgment. I prefer to support NHRA sponsors. It would help me to do so if those sponsors displayed some interest in the sport. Remember the "grown men will cry" ad with the Top Fuel countdown? Recall the John Force "suckin' up" commercial? Play it again, PowerAde!
Earth to Glendora: Danica Patrick was on Your World with Neil Cavuto on Fox News this week. Meaning no offense to Ms. Patrick, she still hasn't won a race. Mayhap it's time for the NHRA to find another human interest angle to get some of our drivers on the tube. We've got some great ones.
Cheers,
Ed
P.S. I don't know if "mayhap" is a real word, but Bugs Bunny used it. If Bugs Bunny used it, it's real enough for me.

P.S. I don't know if "mayhap" is a real word, but Bugs Bunny used it. If Bugs Bunny used it, it's real enough for me.
Not to get off track here but...
Meaning: mayhap - by chance; "perhaps she will call tomorrow"; "we may possibly run into them at the concert"; "it may peradventure be thought that there never was such a time"
Bugs is the greatest :)

You wont see ads on A&E for ESPN

Correct, A&E is owned by CBS/Viacom, ESPN by ABC/Disney, so A&E will definitely not give a competitor any airtime.

BUT, NHRA could definitely buy airtime to advertise upcoming events and put up the website and 800 number so people can buy in advance, they do run those commercials during qualifying/eliminations on ESPN2, so why can't they run them on A&E? It is a time-buy either way for NHRA, why not spread the love a little bit, chances are anyone watching the ESPN2 broadcasts know when the tour is coming their way anyway, such may not be the case with the folks watching Driving Force on A&E.

NHRA could definitely buy airtime to advertise upcoming events and put up the website and 800 number so people can buy in advance, they do run those commercials during qualifying/eliminations on ESPN2, so why can't they run them on A&E?

That would mean the TOOLS that run the NHRA would have to take a pay cut. :rolleyes:

You wont see ads on A&E for ESPN

No no no, not for TV coverage, I mean ads for "Great tickets left for this upcoming race, buy your tickets now, etc..." Typically watching an event on TV, you see commercials for national events that are a few weeks out, and they're selling you on going to the event. They're the commercials that have Capps blowing the body off the car at the end. For all the freakin' promo that "Driving Force" has gotten, you'd think someone would go, "Hmmm, perhaps we could advertise our up coming races on A&E, so that John Q. Viewer from [using this weeks race for example] Dallas, might want to see this John Force guy and his hot daughters in person and see what this drag racing thing is all about." Just kind of seems like basic promotion to me. You have a product to sell (not for profit though, don't forget that :rolleyes:), get your product in front of the eyes most interested at the given time.

Personally, I have NO COMPLAINT with ESPN2 for not re-running an old race - ESPECIALLY - if NHRA would have to subsidize it.

I had 3 calls from friends trying to find the race on TV. I knew it had been rained out, but they didn't. I don't know if ESPN ran a crawl or had any other way of telling folks it was rained out...but my friends sure didn't know.

One guy was ready to cancell his Dish contract.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back