Dear ESPN (1 Viewer)

Rich

Nitro Member
Dear ESPN,

I don't care one wit for Grambling or South Carolina State. In fact I don't even like football. This may come as a surprise, but your coverage of NHRA drag racing is the one and ONLY reason I watch your network. So could you please consider scheduling NHRA racing at times when they don't conflict with other sports?

Thank you.

I agree.
if there is a live show ahead of a drag racing program,then why don't the have the nhra show move to regular espn?

I agree completely,there is no need for the start times to constantly be ignored.I always wonder how nearly anything can bump drag racing.Motorsports,NHRA drag racing in particular,is all I really follow and I'm really beginning to feel like a second class citizen.
Guy

i'm not gonna complain too much.. got to see LIVE the last couple pairs on tv... since most of the day was rained out and such a late start.. it worked out pretty good.... IMO....

Billy

The NHRA gets the coverage that they PAY FOR nothing more nothing less. When They ( the NHRA ) wants better coverage they will pay for it ...........don't hold your breath on this one.

I find it a little rediculous that even though the football game went over by exactly 30 minutes, the qualifying show cut into baseball tonight only 15 minutes. So as usual we get screwed out of 15 minutes of coverage, which may have been a good thing since that could've been 15 more minutes of John Force and his pit scooter.

ESPN considers the NHRA coverage the same as an "Infomercial", a time buy. If you want a guaranteed, consistant time slot, ESPN will schedule the show to start at 2am. Be carefull what you wish for.

NHRA is the culprit, not ESPN. NHRA has missed an opportunity to widen to fan base over the past 10 years by not getting better airtime on ESPN2. I mean, I like NASCAR OK but it is nothing compared to NHRA. With the cost of running teams escalating and major sponsors dropping like flies, NHRA better do something and do it quick.

dear espn, please get rid of paul page, have him do the hot dog eating contest like he was meant too, also stop dumbing down the broadcasts with stupid interviews and the tracktionary pieces, please, we dont need to know the definition of a burnout for the 4,325th time! :D

Instead of giving Hot Rod Fuller any coverage in the final session, ESPN instead talks about Erica Enders' ugly ol' dog. At least it wasn't Ashley's cat.

is there drag racing on tv this weekend?

believe y'all get noon to six tomorrow... which means, 1.5 hours of commercials, 2.75 hours of fluff, and hopefully, 1.75 hours of cars and bikes on the track and real news.

hope y'all enjoy it

d'kid

One more time. ESPN does not cut away from live events. They did not cut away from live Top Fuel qualifying. I'm sure a lot of baseball fans were incensed when they tuned in and saw - :eek: - Drag Racing!
As far as the show being shortened, what did you want ESPN to do . . . show Competition Eliminator? That would fascinate casual fans.

Get over it - this is not going to change.

are they still playing baseball? I get confused, is it 'the boys of summer' and where does 'Mr. October' fit in... I thought Pro Football started a couple of weeks ago, and doesn't the NBA start bouncing the ball again in a few weeks? and doesn't College Football start soon also, along with College BasketBall pre-season, or does that start mid October?

d'kid
always know your place in the grand scheme of things

Stick and ball? Not at all.

are they still playing baseball? I get confused, is it 'the boys of summer' and where does 'Mr. October' fit in... I thought Pro Football started a couple of weeks ago, and doesn't the NBA start bouncing the ball again in a few weeks? and doesn't College Football start soon also, along with College BasketBall pre-season, or does that start mid October?

d'kid
always know your place in the grand scheme of things

Never was into stick and ball. though my late dad tried to influence me it just never hooked. it apparently skipped a generation as my son is heavily into sports and stats. To give you an example of how much I don't know about professional football. I was working day rate for another contractor and had to pick up a couple day laborers for him. We were gutting and re-finishing a basement for a NFL quarterback for the Giants who grew up East Orange. The day laborers asked where we would be working. I told them we would be working in East Orange for JESS Tyree LOL. Yeah they looked at me kinds strange.

When the big money bets on all other major sports stops happening in Vegas and elsewhere, that's when you'll have the opportunity to get better TV time. Why do you think they show Whoop-De-Do State playing the University of Can't-Speak-Plain-English-But-I-Can-Catch-A-Football? Because there are a boatload of people who stand to win or lose a bunch of money on it, plain and simple. Ever watch the ticker on the bottom of ESPN? Take a look at some of the schools in the scores. Ever hear of half of them?

I wasn't able to watch any of the show yesterday and was interested in only one thing in event, so would some please answer this for me: Did they show Big Daddy cutting a .007 light against Fletcher's .010 in the runoffs for class?

And I was very happy with the Sportsman show form Brainerd because the non alky class got so much more coverage than usual, including Top End interviews.

I was very impressed with Saturday's broadcast. Lots of different camera angles (from the stands, the track official hat, the super slow-motion). The audio seemed better too. Plus the night time qualifying was a pretty big part of it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back