Eddie & Ercie Hill (1 Viewer)

He raced boats, raced cars with the very best and then he quit on his own terms. He always demonstrated a truly remarkable relationship with Ercie as well. You have to admire a guy who welcomes the different stages in life without hanging on with claws like I seem to do.

My all time fav. racing couple.

I sure wish ESPN or NHRA would invite them to one of the Texas races and
do a few interviews for us fans.

They are greatly missed. Especially the way he exited the sport.

My all time fav. racing couple.

I sure wish ESPN or NHRA would invite them to one of the Texas races and
do a few interviews for us fans.

They are greatly missed. Especially the way he exited the sport.
John Kernan, are you reading. ;)

I still remember reading the arcticle in Hot Rod in the high school library when he went 4:99!

Been a fan ever since, was blessed to meet and sit next to them at a RFC service in Joliet about 6-7 years ago! Still miss them!

Eddie is the best. He used to drive a Lola T 70 race car that he converted to being street legal. That was a nice piece to be driving around Wichita Falls Texas in.

I still remember reading the arcticle in Hot Rod in the high school library when he went 4:99!

Been a fan ever since, was blessed to meet and sit next to them at a RFC service in Joliet about 6-7 years ago! Still miss them!

I still have the binder I used in High school that has the full page magazine picture of the 4.99 slid into the clear cover so that that picture is the binder cover.At least I think I still have it. I remember packing it when I moved out 16 years ago.

OMG Charles - I saw the Lola in his garage while he was building it!! I had the chance to go to thier house once, on business, when I was working in insurance. This was when he was still racing. Of course I was a huge fan from racing; but to be with them, there in thier house with nothing to do with racing - was surreal and I will remember it forever. They were very gracious. Once he got wind that I was drag racing follower, Eddie showed me some very cool things around the house and the garage and shared some great stories. Very unique day. It was like I was watching a story about them on a TV show or something... and I was in it! 2 incredible people that I am thankful to have met.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back