Joliet Resident/NHRA Pro Stock Owner Greg Hill (1 Viewer)

Joliet Resident/NHRA Pro Stock Owner Greg Hill
Looking Forward to Racing at Route 66 Raceway

Drag racing fans take note. The F.B.I. will be at this weekend’s Torco Racing Fuels Route 66 Nationals at, appropriately, Route 66 Raceway.

Well, the Fast Boys of Illinois Racing club will be on hand, led by Joliet resident Greg Hill. “People will know who we are. We’ll have shirts that say F.B.I.,” says Hill.

Hill, meanwhile, will be focusing on another facet of his busy world. He isn’t in the NHRA Pro Stock spotlight, but he has been around the sport for many years. He is a team owner and watches intently as veteran Kenny Koretsky drives the Indicom Electric/Nitro Fish Chevy Cobalt in the highly-competitive category and oversees the operation of Bill Windham’s Big O Tire Chevy Cobalt.

Hill’s racing roots in the Joliet area run as deep as his electrical contracting business. He expects to see many friends and family at the track during the weekend.

“We are looking forward to the race,” Hill said. “We have a lot of people coming out between employees, vendors, customers and family.”

Of equal concern is the performance of Koretsky’s Cobalt. It has been making gradual improvement in recent outings.

“We are coming around,” said Koretsky. “We are starting to get the car off the starting line quicker and we should be able to qualify well at Joliet. Eddie (Guarnaccia, team crew chief) keeps making changes. We tested a few weeks ago and things are looking pretty good.

“We lost early (at Topeka Sunday) because we didn’t have lane choice,” continued Koretsky. “We were third-quickest in the right lane – which was not the preferred lane to run. The Topeka track was very tricky.”

Hill said his main goal is improving the team’s engine development program. “My guys, Tomi Laine and Bill and David Ambergy, are at engine the shop digging for more horsepower. We need another guy to work on the motors, but we will be alright. We want to put on a good show for our fans.”

Hill’s Indicom Electric is the primary sponsor of NHRA’s Lucas Oil Sportsman Series event at Route 66, June 15-17.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back