Earthquake in the Gulf of Mexico (1 Viewer)

CrewGuy

Nitro Member
I'm down in Florida for two weeks on business. I am staying in a hotel 30 miles south of Orlando. This morning at 11 AM, the floor jumps......TWICE! I am on the fourth floor of this hotel and my chair starts shaking. I have never experienced this before. CNN reported the quake centered out in the Gulf of Mexico and measured a 6. Now I know how you guys on the west coast feel.

The 6.0 quake center was 260 miles south west of Tampa out in the gulf. Felt from Fla to La.
These quakes do not happen very often as this area is not on a fault or near a convergence of two plates.
They might not happen very often or be very important but this is the second one this year the other being a 5.7 back in Feb. Very Curious !

I'm down in Florida for two weeks on business. I am staying in a hotel 30 miles south of Orlando. This morning at 11 AM, the floor jumps......TWICE! I am on the fourth floor of this hotel and my chair starts shaking. I have never experienced this before. CNN reported the quake centered out in the Gulf of Mexico and measured a 6. Now I know how you guys on the west coast feel.
We sleep through most of them. :D I'll take an earthquake over a tornado any day.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back