DSR Driver Information: Ron Capps (1 Viewer)

Capps.jpg
Norwalk Event Highlights:
  • 2016 event champion
  • Three-time runner-up (2011, 2013, 2014)
  • 2019 No. 1 qualifier
2020 Norwalk Recap:
N/A (canceled due to COVID-19)

2019 Norwalk Recap:
Qualified No. 1; Quarterfinal finish (defeated Bob Bode in E1; defeated by Tommy Johnson Jr. in E2)

Last Event (Epping):
Qualified second; First round exit (defeated by Terry Haddock in E1)

Career Statistics:
572 races; 66 wins (one Top Fuel); 26 No. 1 qualifiers
Noteworthy:
  • Earned the Funny Car pole at the last NHRA Norwalk Nationals (2019)
Quotable:
“This is one of my favorite parts of the season. I love racing during the summer when there’s a little more heat in the race track, a little bit trickier conditions, and a stretch of races that are one right after the other. Plus, I love that we’re able to welcome full grandstands of fans back and we’re visiting places that we didn’t get to go last year. Things are very, very exciting in the world of NHRA Drag Racing right now.
“Our team has had great performance all year long, and we expect more of the same this weekend. If we had a few lucky breaks here and there, we’d have several Wally trophies by now, but the wins are coming. I’m enjoying myself with this great NAPA AutoCare team. I was in Atlanta yesterday spending some time with NAPA executives at NAPA headquarters and now I’m headed to Ohio. It would be perfect to follow that visit up by winning our first Wally of the season this weekend.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back