Don't Miss Schumacher on Larry King Live (1 Viewer)

Bobby, I missed the date of this broadcast somehow. Could you re-post the date and time of this broadcast? Thank You.

Yeah, but I can't watch King.... lil Rat makes my skin crawl

And is being on a panel about wrecks really a good thing????

Well, I watched it, I'm almost ashamed to say. Tony showed to be a great ambassador and spokesman for the sport, even while attempting to carry on a conversation with such a truly pathetic interviewer. I don't watch Larry King normally, and after seeing him tonite, I remember why. When he asked the skateboarder how important the board was to his equipment, I think he just cemented his position as the worst interview going. It was hard enough to listen to Larry mis-pronounce everybody's name over and over, but some of his questions really make you wonder if they just shove him out there without any prep work, or can he POSSIBLY be that dumb?

they just shove him out there without any prep work, or can he POSSIBLY be that dumb?

Larry alway bragged that he never prepared for interviews - Pretty obvious, eh?

Tony represented himself and the sport well. Good respect between the 3 featured atheletes.

My mom called right before it started. So, I tried to do both. I was sort of surprised (again) that Dario is introduced often times as "Ashley Judd's husband". And, like Jim said, there was a lot of respect between Jake Brown, Dario and Tony.
I couldn't be too critical since I wasn't able to pay really close attention.

Not to be a real azzzz myself, but the "Skateboarder" seemed to have a 2 digit IQ :( or am I being too harsh?

I think Tony is so well spoken, he really makes the sport look good... He is the kind of racer a kid should look up to.

I agree, Tony came across very well. As far as King, he makes Paul Page look good. I loved the lines the asked Tony "no turns, right?", and "How'd you get the Army to sponsor you?".

I saw about 5 minutes of it while he was interviewing Dario Franchiti, and King was asking the Dumbest questions! Glad I fell asleep through most of it!:confused:

Not to be a real azzzz myself, but the "Skateboarder" seemed to have a 2 digit IQ :( or am I being too harsh?

They used to say the President Gerald Form (a former All American at U of Mich) "played too many games without a helmet".
It wasn't really the case with Mr. Ford but Jake may have loosened his chin strap too often"<G>.

Give the kid his due: That 'kinda "loopy surfer" persona seems to sell in Extreme Sports. Not unlike the NOPI Tuner (and Speed Freaks) types who ape it with an "urban" twist. I can't relate to it. I don't understand why somebody wants to sound dopey....:confused:

that was aggonizing to watch with Larry's naive questions and total lack of prep. You'd swear that the man lives in a bubble where the only thing that exists in his world are cheesy celebrities who offer no social redeaming value to the world.

Between mispronouncing names, simple minded questions, and the occasion where he'd interrupt the person with another stupid question, only to then say something that suggests he doesn't even pay attention to what the "interviewee" is saying.

Tony's assertive manorism didn't allow Larry to cut short any responses or elaborations to his answers. But still, I just wanted to yell out, "Shut up you living corpse, and pay attention to the answer"

And to keep presenting Dario as "Ashley Judd's husband" was a huge insult to Dario, and the viewers.

now I know why I don't watch Larry King Alive

for all the 'soft' topics/guests that appear on Larry King Live, i thought
a half hour devoted to 'extreme' sport's accidents was a stretch - kudos
to whoever thought to put that half-hour together.
Tony was terrific, what a fantastic spokesman for our sport.
I'm not much of a Larry King fan either, but as interviewers go,
and trying to educate yourself on a myriad of topics for as many years
as he's been doing this; i'd say he's one of the best.

I think Tony did a treffic job. Didn't seem as stressed as the other two.

As for King, I think he does a pretty good job. His strong point is that he doesn't argue with his guest as others do. He never interjects his personal point of view. He ask them questions, and let's them answer, even if he doesn't agree with their answer.

Jay

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back