Dom Lagana? (1 Viewer)

My Dad raced flat track motorcycle til he was 74 years old. His last race he wound up in the wall. Fourteen broken bones, 1 week in intensive care, 1 week in general care, a month relaxing at home. He continued to skydive and be very active until he passed at 91.
I always told him God reached into the bowl picked up a handful of numbers, dropped all of them but one, his was one of the ones dropped, it wasn't his time.

This was from the year before when we got back home. The bandage on his leg is from the exhaust burning thru his leathers. Made some adjustments for the next year.

View attachment 6131
Great story, your dad was a badass!

Ridin sideways, nothing like it.
Thanks for your story. Even though I never met your Dad, I was friends with guys who probably did. They're all gone now too.

How old is that #25 motorcycle in the photo? It looks 1920's or maybe even before that. Wow....

The one he is sitting on is a 1925 Indian big valve factory board track racer. The one on the right is a HD 192? 4 valve head factory racer. These are a couple of the sidecar rigs they ran. Second one is a flexicar it leaned with the bike around turns.

fullsizeoutput_1f1.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f5.jpeg

My sources tell me that Dom has had two successful surgeries so far and another scheduled for today. It sucks that his life is forever changed because of a stupid decision.

Latest update from the family is on Facebook.

Alan

It's gonna take a $hit ton of time for Dom to recover. Be patient people, it's a slow deal but what I love is the support of everyone! He is one of the most nicest guys you could meet in person at a nat. event! He would take time out of his servicing the car to explain what he was doing!

Latest update from the family is on Facebook.

Alan

Takes a lot of grace to tell others to be thankful for what they have when they are dealing with such a tragic situation. Nice read. Separately, I do have a few Lagona Strong T shirts heading my way from NitroFish.

My sources tell me that Dom has had two successful surgeries so far and another scheduled for today. It sucks that his life is forever changed because of a stupid decision.
What exactly is a Stupid Decision in your mind? Drinking a bottle of Crown, running over a mini bike in a rental car, dragging it through the pits on fire while blowing it up along with the rental car in front of the entire world to see, all while trying to deny that it EVER happened here on NitroMater? Isn't that why you embarrassingly left in the first place Bob? GTFOH!

Lance, yea Gilby made a bad decision and I, as his PR guy, had to put a spin on the incident. I never denied that it happened and it cost Gilby a bunch of money but thankfully no one was hurt. I get a kick out of all you "FanBoys" here that spout off on everything without knowing the true story.

Lance, yea Gilby made a bad decision and I, as his PR guy, had to put a spin on the incident. I never denied that it happened and it cost Gilby a bunch of money but thankfully no one was hurt. I get a kick out of all you "FanBoys" here that spout off on everything without knowing the true story.
Strong suggestion. Drop this whole topic swerve right now or take it to a new thread. This is about Dom. Positive energy and good vibes are all that are needed here. Thanks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back