Die cast collectables (1 Viewer)

force fan

Nitro Member
I just acquired some die cast and there are some names that I haven't heard of. Doug Foxworth "Havoc" dragster, Bobby Taylor "GT Bicycles" dragster that has FMD on the wing meaning Federal Moguel(sp) Dragster?, A dragster with the name Angela "Turbo Start" T/D meaning Top Dragster?, Another dragster with the name Vicky "Fanning Mootersports" dragster, and a dragster that has "LaBac systems" as a sponsor name and the crew chief is Dale Adams. I can't see the name on it. Anyone ever heard of them? I also have some I know, Cristen Powell's "Reebok" dragster, Bruce Sarver's "Carquest" dragster, and two pro stockers, Mike Edwards, and Mark Osborne. I will appreciate any info.

I just acquired some die cast and there are some names that I haven't heard of. Doug Foxworth "Havoc" dragster, Bobby Taylor "GT Bicycles" dragster that has FMD on the wing meaning Federal Moguel(sp) Dragster?, A dragster with the name Angela "Turbo Start" T/D meaning Top Dragster?, Another dragster with the name Vicky "Fanning Mootersports" dragster, and a dragster that has "LaBac systems" as a sponsor name and the crew chief is Dale Adams. I can't see the name on it. Anyone ever heard of them? I also have some I know, Cristen Powell's "Reebok" dragster, Bruce Sarver's "Carquest" dragster, and two pro stockers, Mike Edwards, and Mark Osborne. I will appreciate any info.

I've heard and have all of them. They were made back around 1996 or 1997 by Racing Champions. They're not the best detailed cars in the world, but RC was the only company that would make the little guys and alcohol cars.

Do you know the driver's name on the "LaBac" dragster? Are any of them active drivers? And thanks for the info.

Lets see I have all except Havoc & the TD. Doug Foxworth is a T/F guy who ran mostly on the IHRA side and had a pretty bad accident I think he still crews. Bobby Taylor won the FMD/TAD world championship. The alcohol cars were called Federal Mogul when NHRA sold the title rights to the sportsman series to them, they reverted back to TA when Lucas took over the sponsorship. LaBac systems car was the Peek brothers entry that was driven by Tony Schumacher. Brent and Vicky Fanning were ranchers from Texas who ran the Udder Nonsense cow themed cars.

S/F
D

LaBac car is Rance McDaniel. Dale Adams was his crew chief. The driver's name should appear at the drivers compartment. The Angela Turbo Start car is, I believe, Angela Sicilia.

The Labac car was driven by Clayton Harris for the first 2-3 years, Tony Show only drove it for a few races.

The Labac car was driven by Clayton Harris for the first 2-3 years, Tony Show only drove it for a few races.

The LaBac car in my collection has Rance McDaniel as the driver with Dale Adams as the crew chief. It's right on the car that I was looking at. If there is a third version of this car, which is possible, with Clayton Harris as the driver I haven't seen it. The only Clayton Harris car I have is a Carquest sponsored TF car shared by Paul Romine. Both names appear on the driver's compartment. RC didn't keep a record of what they made, so it's possible that anything could be out there.

Steve, that shows what a fad the diecast cars were for a while. It was great while it lasted. I know the guy that owned a low fuel buck team and he made about 10 grand from Racing Champions so it was great for the teams that got a deal. I like the fact that Racing Champions did low buck teams. in fact, I designed six cars that were diecast including: Powell (royal purple) epler (winnebago) Hartman (2 cars, megenta and blue car) Skuza (the black and white car) and densham's red NEC car.

Tony Shoe began driving that car for the Peek Brothers at the '96 Indy Nationals. He made it all the way to the finals in his debut NHRA Professional event, and lost to Cory Mac. He continued to drive that car for the '97 season.

LaBac car is Rance McDaniel. Dale Adams was his crew chief. The driver's name should appear at the drivers compartment. The Angela Turbo Start car is, I believe, Angela Sicilia.

That is the name on the "LaBac" car. I checked with a magnifying glass.:D Thanks again to everyone for the info.

Lets see I have all except Havoc & the TD. Doug Foxworth is a T/F guy who ran mostly on the IHRA side and had a pretty bad accident I think he still crews. Bobby Taylor won the FMD/TAD world championship. The alcohol cars were called Federal Mogul when NHRA sold the title rights to the sportsman series to them, they reverted back to TA when Lucas took over the sponsorship. LaBac systems car was the Peek brothers entry that was driven by Tony Schumacher. Brent and Vicky Fanning were ranchers from Texas who ran the Udder Nonsense cow themed cars.

S/F
D

Anybody remember Brent Fanning's claim to fame? While trying to qualify his "cow car" (I believe he was sponsored by the dairy farmers) at the u.s. nationals dumped a load of cow dung out of the back of the car in the staging lanes in front of Kenny Bernstein. As the story went,Kenny was none too pleased about it!

The LaBac car in my collection has Rance McDaniel as the driver with Dale Adams as the crew chief. It's right on the car that I was looking at. If there is a third version of this car, which is possible, with Clayton Harris as the driver I haven't seen it. The only Clayton Harris car I have is a Carquest sponsored TF car shared by Paul Romine. Both names appear on the driver's compartment. RC didn't keep a record of what they made, so it's possible that anything could be out there.
Wow,those are obscure finds for sure. I've been looking for years to complete a set of vintage 1/43 scale front motor dragsters that were put out under the name of "race image" by "corgi" They were issued a pair at a time then I think race image went under before I could complete the set. I have big Daddy,Snake,Mongoose and the Ramchargers. I've seen the Ramcchargers and Mongoose on ebay but haven't been able to locate any others. Don't even know who else was issued. Any help would be appreciated.

That is the name on the "LaBac" car. I checked with a magnifying glass.:D Thanks again to everyone for the info.
If you're new to diecast collecting, be careful how much you pay for any item. Many of us NEVER buy anything when it first comes out. 99% of the time the price will eventually drop. I got burned on a couple several years ago. The bottom line is don't buy it as an investment, it may not turn out so good. As an example, I once sold 5 or 6 of a certain Dean Skuza car once upon a time for $125 each. They sell on EBAY now for about $20-25.

Wow,those are obscure finds for sure. I've been looking for years to complete a set of vintage 1/43 scale front motor dragsters that were put out under the name of "race image" by "corgi" They were issued a pair at a time then I think race image went under before I could complete the set. I have big Daddy,Snake,Mongoose and the Ramchargers. I've seen the Ramcchargers and Mongoose on ebay but haven't been able to locate any others. Don't even know who else was issued. Any help would be appreciated.

The only other 1/43 front engined dragster I know of, that you didn't mention, is one they made for 40th US Nationals. They also made a double pack for John Force. Package comes with two cars. I never collected the 1/43 stuff but I have almost all Corgi/Race Image's haulers. Bernstein/Bud, Snake/Final Strike, Dunn,Gwynn/La Victoria among the better ones. They came with 1/64 dragsters too.

lynn i have way to many lol, dont have list but i started with the first 5pc mac tools set that started the ball rolling (snakes final strike etc etc ) i remember when that set listed for like 2500$ in the book but i dont know who would ever pay that ,i was dumb enough to drop probaly 20000k in the stuff lol. stopped buying it bout 4 yrs ago or so( the yr kalitta had kid rock car at vegas) hell most of them were only taken out of box to make sure they were mint ( and mint box) then put right back in. i have rc/ action/ milestone/ fuelers forever, mac tool sets if u count the 1/64 and smaller ones im guessing i have somewhere in the 800 + number . i have 50-70 first 1/64 rc ( alderman ,gustin, blue max etc etc ) hell i remember people giving 50 bucks for the alderman alone . its all still in the bubble packs and sh## i have those corgi trucks etc etc . hell i bought all of it lol. i also have the scotty cannon puter ( spelling ) cars that went for 400$ from donnie at rolling o , i think they only made 100 of those? it came with number . yeah i was pretty sick into the stuff lol. if it was drag racing i collected it. i mainly just collect handouts /hatpins now . thats another subject entirely .the milestone vance and hines top fuel harley is probaly my fav.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back