Del Worshman (1 Viewer)

2. There is nothing stopping Phil from doing the same thing Jeff did. Maybe instead of making snappy comments on audiocasts and doing the mumbling and grumbling, he should be out beating the bushes, trying to get a sponsor so he can go to a team owner with a competitive financial package to get back into racing. If Beckman and Arend can do it, so can Phil. He is very obviously a talented driver with lots to offer, and I wish him luck in trying to get back in the game

Ummm, Could you please enlighten me (and maybe a anyone else) about these "Snappy comments" and "mumbling and grumbling" that you state Phil has made????

I do not know if you are a racer yourself, either weekend warrior or full time timer, either way, it takes a LOT of effort, time and money to attract a worthwhile sponsor, especially this late into the season (even tho it is only after the first event).

I'll be one of the first to admit that Jeff did not too bad this weekend (he has a GREAT crew), earning his wins the hard way.

Guess I'll have to replay the race and see if I can hear these "mumblings and grumblings"....:cool:

I do not know if you are a racer yourself, either weekend warrior or full time timer, either way, it takes a LOT of effort, time and money to attract a worthwhile sponsor, especially this late into the season (even tho it is only after the first event).

I never said it would be easy for him to find a sponsor, if it was, we would all be in fuel coupes.

I do, however, remember specifically stating he is a talented driver with lots to offer and if he keeps at it, he will find his way back into the game. If Toliver, Beckman and Arend can do it, so can Phil.

Man I hate for Del to not get into the field.After last year he sure does not need to get started off like this.
After all the p******g matches going on about the driver switch for the blue car, the real question is, "why can't the red car qualify and the blue car, with any driver it seems, runs like that damn Bunny with the drum?"

the real question is, "why can't the red car qualify and the blue car, with any driver it seems, runs like that damn Bunny with the drum?"

Great question!

Jeff, great job Sunday!
When I meet ya next month, we'll chat about the power trio w/ Bob & Lisa!!!
:)

After all the p******g matches going on about the driver switch for the blue car, the real question is, "why can't the red car qualify and the blue car, with any driver it seems, runs like that damn Bunny with the drum?"
It could be a number of things..just because one goes down the track, doesn't mean the other one will.

I haven't had time to read every post so this might have already been mentioned but.... I READ THAT HE HAD FAIR WARNING THAT HE NEEDED TO HAVE A NEW ASSOCIATE SPONSOR IN PLACE BY THE END OF THE YEAR

I haven't had time to read every post so this might have already been mentioned but.... I READ THAT HE HAD FAIR WARNING THAT HE NEEDED TO HAVE A NEW ASSOCIATE SPONSOR IN PLACE BY THE END OF THE YEAR

Yes, that is what Del said. HOWEVER THERE ARE ALWAYS AT LEAST 2 SIDES TO EVERY STORY!

Are you planning on coming up to the Seattle area at all this season?
Good luck and be safe!!!

2. There is nothing stopping Phil from doing the same thing Jeff did. Maybe instead of making snappy comments on audiocasts and doing the mumbling and grumbling, he should be out beating the bushes, trying to get a sponsor so he can go to a team owner with a competitive financial package to get back into racing. If Beckman and Arend can do it, so can Phil. He is very obviously a talented driver with lots to offer, and I wish him luck in trying to get back in the game.
I talked to Phil in Pomona, and he IS out beating the bushes trying to get a sponsor. He's not just making snappy comments on audiocasts and mumbling and grumbling, to use your words.

Yes, that is what Del said. HOWEVER THERE ARE ALWAYS AT LEAST 2 SIDES TO EVERY STORY!

Are you planning on coming up to the Seattle area at all this season?
Good luck and be safe!!!

Yes, we will be racing at the NHRA divisonal in Seattle and will be at Spokane for the Nitro Extravaganza. I will also be a race or two with the race teams that I support.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back