Del moving to Top fuel this year? (1 Viewer)

Gipraw

Nitro Member
Have I been sleeping under a rock for a couple of months and just missed this, or is it a new development?

No, not moving.... MOVED. DW is a great guy and a great driver. And I will be honest in saying, that right now he scares the hell out of me (For Kalitta and Grubnic's sake). I will miss that gorgeous Al-Anabi funny car. Del will be right there in November. Good luck to them.

No, not moving.... MOVED. DW is a great guy and a great driver. And I will be honest in saying, that right now he scares the hell out of me (For Kalitta and Grubnic's sake). I will miss that gorgeous Al-Anabi funny car. Del will be right there in November. Good luck to them.
X2 Chris.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I set the over/under on Al-Anabi wins this year at 15. I am fully expecting a lot of Al-Anabi qualifying 1 and 2, and a lot of all Al-Anabi final rounds.

I guess the DSR cars shouldn't bother showing up? I think the DSR cars will be causing just as much damage. But hey everyone is allowed an opinion.

chris, i'll take the under on the AJR @ 15
hoping lucas and kalitta cars to win a few
(langdon prediction to win winters on other thread;))

If we want to play the betting game, ill say a DSR car is taking the title. This is coming from a long, long time AJ fan.

I'll bet on AJ and the Al Anabi team. I feel that Alan is the best tuner in the game and Larry does his job almost every time down the track. I'm thinking we'll have a repeat winner.

If we want to play the betting game, ill say a DSR car is taking the title. This is coming from a long, long time AJ fan.

I am all for a friendly wager Michael! I will take Al-Anabi's 2 cars and give you every other car in top fuel. We can do it for the championship or total wins.

My thinking is Al-Anabi won 12 races last year, now they have 2 cars, with capable drivers and tuners, and TWICE the data to tune from. I am all for a wide open, highly competitive season that goes down to the wire, but I just don't see it this year.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I set the over/under on Al-Anabi wins this year at 15. I am fully expecting a lot of Al-Anabi qualifying 1 and 2, and a lot of all Al-Anabi final rounds.

I'm gonna have to go with you on this, with DSR cars taking the majority of whats left. Nothing against Kalitta, Lucas, KBR, or any other car, just way too much muscle between Al-Anabi and DSR.

At the End of the Day.... opps, channeling Papa John Again:rolleyes:

Dixon repeats 8 wins
Ant #2 with 3 wins
Shoe # 3 with 4 wins
Del #4 2 wins
Doug
Grubby
Morgan
Shawn
Dark Horse TJ Zizzo :D:cool:

d'kid

My thinking is Al-Anabi won 12 races last year, now they have 2 cars, with capable drivers and tuners, and TWICE the data to tune from. I am all for a wide open, highly competitive season that goes down to the wire, but I just don't see it this year.

As much as I hate to say it, I have to agree with you, Chris. If you look back over the last eight years, Alan Johnson has had some of the most dominant performances - both singularly (event) and season long - with one car. Even the one year he didn't win the title, he took it to the wire. Now he and his teams are collecting data from two cars... I think you're being generous setting the over/under at 15 - it's probably closer to 18.

That said, I sincerely hope I'm completely wrong and we see as much parity and competition in Top Fuel as we have in Funny Car the last few years.

Well, we're five races in and Del has won three of 'em while Larry has been runner-up twice - losing to Del both times. Granted one of them was the four-wide, but still... the early returns are looking like this over/under prediction is spot on.:(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back