Del F/C (1 Viewer)

Randy

Nitro Member
Just thinking out loud here.

Pretty consistant car at Maplegrove. If I was the Sheik I would ask Del to run the thing himself for a year instead of throwing the FC program under the bus and running a second dragster. AJ has never been involved in a FC that set the world on fire in the past, and I know it wasn't the driver's fault because the driver did very well with another fairly large team (GS).

It would be interesting to see what Del leading a team could do with a budget. He's a heck of a driver.

RG

Randy I totally agree. I posted elsewhere that I really would rather see them stay in FC vs. having another killer TF car. And after Del's recent performance, I am more convinced that would be the better move. But like I also posted before, it's not my money...Plus, I mean, come on, Del's a FC guy.

Randy I totally agree. I posted elsewhere that I really would rather see them stay in FC vs. having another killer TF car. And after Del's recent performance, I am more convinced that would be the better move. But like I also posted before, it's not my money...Plus, I mean, come on, Del's a FC guy.
Bring his dad on board, that would help.

I've said it before in another thread, I'm surprised that Chuck Worsham was not brought on board a long time ago. I say, keep the funny car and build a third team to run the second TF car.

I'd prefer to see Del in a FC too! I don't know what Del really thinks though. But when you look at Funny Car, I think your behind the eight ball if you don't have another team out there. I think the Shiek saw this too. I know some have bucked the odds. But I'm just sayin..

Speaking of Del, In last Sundays race they showed a video of Del blowing up BIG time from a few years back. I watched it in slow frame by frame on my DVR. When the car started to bounce side to side his head looked like a bobble head. I instantly thought of Eric Medlin. If any body still has the race available go back and watch that section.

Without knowing anything about anything, I would bet Del is tickled to death. Next year, he competes for wins and the championship. No ifs, ands, or buts about it...............:)

I've said it before in another thread, I'm surprised that Chuck Worsham was not brought on board a long time ago. I say, keep the funny car and build a third team to run the second TF car.

My thoughts exactly ! Chuck was standing at the line in Dallas in front of me for an hour and he is still in great shape ! Looks the same as 20 years ago !

I think if him and Del had that kind of budget they would still be winning together.

WTH???? Jeff Arend looks much better than Del Worsham!!!! (((I'm just kidding :D)))) those guys are very good friends :p

Veering off subject if I may.... last year, Chuck W was working with Silver Fern Racing & Grant Downing on thier nitro funny car program. I haven't heard too much about Grant - what's he been doing. And more specifically I guess.... is Del's Dad still involved?

WTH???? Jeff Arend looks much better than Del Worsham!!!! (((I'm just kidding :D)))) those guys are very good friends :p

Veering off subject if I may.... last year, Chuck W was working with Silver Fern Racing & Grant Downing on thier nitro funny car program. I haven't heard too much about Grant - what's he been doing. And more specifically I guess.... is Del's Dad still involved?

Grant builds the chassis' and runs part time with help from Chuck. Del's dad is involved on a part time basis.

I have never had any doubt about the talent that Del has and it sure is showing up now. I often have wondered why Chuck was not included in running the car from the beginning. Possibly Chuck doesn't want to commit to getting back on the tour full time. Too bad they couldn't use him at least as a consultant.
They made two crew changes and the car didn't run consistantly until Del took it over.
Unfortunately, and I don't know why, but Alan Johnson has the golden hands running a T/F car but can't seem to do the same thing with a F/C.
It would be great to keep the F/C with Del both driving and tuning and using his dad as a consultant.
If they want another T/F car the Sheik has commented that at sometime he would like to drive one. Build him a new car and he can race at however many races he wants but also keep Del in the F/C.
Would be fun. Don't really think money is a big deal (ha ha).

I think the reason you don't see Chuck running the F/C is because he probably doesn't want to get involved with full time touring anymore. I mean, he's been in the sport for a long time. I remember seeing the Worsham and Hendy car at Brainerd back in the eighties. I got a feeling he's probably content to stay at home during the week and spend time with the grandkids.

For his part, Del seems excited about the prospect of racing some new opponents. This may be a great opportunity for him to grab a championship. I say go for it!

Ironically there's a great article about Del and the whole FC operation in the newest issue of Drag Racing Action, which is a super quarterly print mag.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back