De Joria looking for more Vegas magic this weekend (1 Viewer)

LAS VEGAS – Second-year NHRA Top Alcohol Funny Car driver Alexis De Joria and the Tequila Patrón/Jack O’Bannon Racing team will be looking to re-kindle some of the Vegas magic that saw her score her first round win earlier in the year during this weekend’s Division 7 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. With Patrón headquartered in Las Vegas, De Joria hopes to make a strong showing this weekend.

De Joria, daughter of Patrón Spirits Co. and Paul Mitchell Hair Products founder John Paul De Joria, has had several promising outings of late, only to be hampered by freak parts breakage. At her last event in Dallas, she had two runs that had early numbers to be career-best efforts, only to have parts failures slow the run. After running her career-best 5.69 second elapsed time at the national event here in April, the Venice, Calif., native hopes more of the same will be in store this weekend.

“The guys have the car running really good right now,” said De Joria. “We have just had some parts break and hold us back. We ran our fastest time here earlier in the year, so I’m really looking forward to this weekend.

“This is the longest I’ve been out of the car since I started driving the Funny Car,” De Joria added. “It’s been almost two months. Usually we go do some testing in between races. I’m really looking forward to getting back in the car. I also miss seeing all my friends at the track.”

De Joria realizes the task at hand this weekend won’t be easy. With over 20 of the top cars in the country expected to be in attendance trying to qualify for the eight car field, easy is the last word that comes to mind.

“It’s going to be tough,” stated De Joria. “Our car has been running really well lately, so I’m looking forward to the challenge. There are a lot of cars here that run in the 5.50’s. I don’t know if we’ll see many .50’s this weekend because of the altitude, but it’s going to be a real tough field.”

Qualifying begins on Friday, followed by two more sessions on Saturday. Final eliminations will conclude the event on Sunday.

Simply Perfect in every way, Patrón is the world’s No. 1 selling ultra-premium tequila. From the finest, most expensive Weaber Blue agave plants grown in the highlands of Jalisco, Mexico, to the centuries-old distillation process, to the signed, handcrafted glass bottles, Patrón is produced with unparalleled attention to detail. Imported and marketed by Las Vegas-based The Patrón Spirits Company, brands in the portfolio consist of Patrón Gran Platinum, Patrón Anejo, Patrón Reposado, Patrón Silver, Patrón XO Café (tequila and coffee blend), and Patrón Citrónge (extra fine orange liqueur), Ultimat Vodka (80 proof, Black Cherry and Chocolate Vanilla), as well as Pyrat Pistol, Pyrat Cask, and Pyrat XO Reserve Caribbean rums.

To find out more about the Jack O'Bannon Racing Team, visit their website at www.jackobannonracing.com

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back