***Cruz & Antron not qualified? (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
Last edited:
..........only if they don't get in any qualifying. The field would be set if tomorrow is washed out.

Dean

funny how they count it when it helps them, but not when it helps the racer:rolleyes:

Come on now.Do you really think they would run a 12 car field.Where is you brain,it has been this way for a long time now.It just common sence they would run the top 16 if they get no more passes.

Rules are rules. If the car and driver can't make the 16 car field, so be it. There's always next year.:mad:

Re: ***Cruz & Antron not qualified?-done for the year?

I'm surprised no one has picked up on this and written something on the board, but given the projection for rain tomorrow it seems that both Cruz and Antron won't qualify? Thus, they are out of the running for a Championship? Simply stated they could be done for the year.

F/C 2nd rd qualifying: POMONA 2 - Funny Car Qualifying, Session #2 Order

T/F 2nd rd qualifying:POMONA 2 - Top Fuel Qualifying, Session #2 Order

;):)

Or maybe, it could be... some of us just don't care what either of those drivers do.... and it's to the good for the drivers we do care about.

"God, I love it when a plan comes together";):rolleyes:

I know there is a noise curfew, but with sundown not till just before 5, they should be able to get a Q field set.
The way it works out for us is that if it rains both sessions out today then we are qualified in the 13th spot, but if we get at least 1 session in today then our 4.25 will be thrown out and we have to start over. In Las Vegas our Fridays 4.19 didn't make the top 12 so it was threw out and then we smoked the tires twice on Saturday and didn't qualify.

Last edited:
[/FONT]
I believe nhra has some silly rule in cases like this where the top 10 are automaticly qualified.......:confused:

That rule was changed 4 years ago. And it wouldn't have applied in this case anyway. I love you "Hard Core" fans that don't even know what you're whining about.

Alan

That rule was changed 4 years ago. And it wouldn't have applied in this case anyway. I love you "Hard Core" fans that don't even know what you're whining about.

Alan

Gee, Alan, that's really easy for you to say, but how is the rest of the world to know? I have just poured through the 2011 rulebook and I can't find anything that discusses this. The silly "12 through Friday" rule is nowhere to be found, let alone what to do when Saturday rains out.

[/FONT]

That rule was changed 4 years ago. And it wouldn't have applied in this case anyway.

He may be referring to the rule that runs the cars Sunday according to their points standings, in the event all four qualifiers are washed out, which has happened. I'm not sure if that's the rule you're referring to or not. If it is, how has it been changed?

In the first place, the "Top 10 rule" was only in effect if they only had one session, if two sessions were run, then nobody was seeded into the field. So it wouldn't have applied in this case anyway.

Remember Larry Dixon's first start in the Al-Anabi car? It rained most of the weekend, only one session was run, Larry smoked the tires and didn't make the field.That was the first time the no provisionals rule was put into effect.

I'm sure a search would turn up the thread from then.....

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back