Cool drag racing music video! (1 Viewer)

Cool video - thanks for posting the link.

Maybe my speakers are shot, but I swear that sounds like Bob Frey in the beginning.

At first it looks like Mick Jagger :eek:
But he sounds like Vince Neil... :cool:
Arnie Karp
Tim Grose
Who did I miss??

Tony
I was to busy trying to figure out if that was Jaggers son... :eek: Nice catch... :cool:

The original line-up of Fastway was :
Guitar - "Fast" Eddie Clarke from Motorhead
Bass - Pete Way from UFO
Drums - Jerry Shirley from Humble Pie
Vocals - Dave King from ? nowhere

The idea of these guys coming together and forming a band seemed like a great idea ... on paper. Unfortunately, they just never got the break they needed. Pete Way left after they finished recording their debut album, and I think the band never recovered after that. I saw them on both of their tours thru the US, and they were a helluva lot better the second time around.

Peace,
Mike

Someone break out the spray gun so the lead singer can change his pants...

That was Hanna's Eastern Raider jet, right?

Dateline Las Vegas-According to a leading NHRA announcer this certainly was done by Bob Frey and recorded by NFL Films at Atco Dragway in 1983. Some have said that it was among, if not the first music video to feature drag racing!

Dave King is now the singer for Celtic-Punk band Flogging Molly. They used to play every Monday night at an Irish Pub in L.A. called Molly Malones.

thanks for the link kick a** vidieo !!! fastway always had kool vids. those guys were motorheads they love racing.

Drums - Jerry Shirley from Humble Pie

Peace,
Mike
Thanks for posting this up. I was trying to find a song that I had played in a project band about 20 years ago and this triggered the memory for me. the song was "30 Days In The Hole". Great song, I always thought the bridge was particularly cool.

Dave King is now the singer for Celtic-Punk band Flogging Molly. They used to play every Monday night at an Irish Pub in L.A. called Molly Malones.
You wouldn't happen be related to Andy T., would ya?

OMG!!! It looks like the singer has a squirrel in his pants!!! :eek:
That's one of the funniest things I've read in a long time!

Hi Tom,
I actually have a cousin named Andy Timmons but not the guitarist Andy T. I have met him a couple of times, though, as I work in the music industry. Cool guy and great guitarist. Makes me wonder, as he is from Ohio (I think) and that is where my family originally came to Illinois from. Ya never know.

Dave

Cool, another music guy! Same here, been involved one way or another for all my life, as a profession for about 25 years. I slugged it out for several years playing drums and doing sound / production work, currently in retail management.

Although I've never met Andy we've got some mutual acquaintances, he is (was, maybe(?)) friends with my cousin's ex-husband. I remember them telling me about him WAY before he landed the Danger Danger gig, basically saying he ever got a "break" he'd really open some eyes. Guess they were right, huh?

You got that right about Andy! I'm a lead singer/guitarist, BTW. I figure when your interests are racing and music you're pretty much screwed as far as being normal is concerned. :D

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back