The Music Sucks (1 Viewer)

Gone Dead Train

Nitro Member
First of all, I love NHRA.TV had it since day one! But when this guy Jason, I think that is his name is talking and playing
his rap crap and electronic crap music (if you call that s*&t music). It comes on so loud on my tv ( read BOSE system)
I have to turn it down.
And then have to turn the volume back up to hear the cars, and we know how bad that is. Come on NHRA get it together
I pay hard earned money to watch the drags not to listen to crap music and a wannabe DJ. Turn the cars up, they are the
stars of the show!!! Keep it up NHRA, I will have to think twice next February when you want my money.
When he played YMCA and started jumping around like a.............I about lost it.

One more thing if you like rap, country music or what ever, that is a great thing. Music is a great thing!!!
Been a rocker since I popped out in 1959. Listening to this album as I write this.
From the 1993 album Fate Of Nations-Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) Saw the band twice 1975 and 1977 Seattle

1651440945942.png

Last edited:
First of all, I love NHRA.TV had it since day one! But when this guy Jason, I think that is his name is talking and playing
his rap crap and electronic crap music (if you call that shit music). It comes on so loud on my tv ( read BOSE system) I have to turn it down.
And then have to turn the volume back up to hear the cars, and we know how bad that is. Come on NHRA get it together
I pay hard earned money to watch the drags not to listen to crap music and a wannabe DJ. Turn the cars up, they are the
stars of the show!!! Keep it up NHRA, I will have to think twice next February when you want my money.
When he played YMCA and started jumping around like.............I about lost it. I'm not bashing LGBT, so stay calm.
What a great movie, When people still had a sense of humor.

One more thing if you like rap, country music or what ever, that is a great thing. Music is a great thing!!!
Been a rocker since I popped out in 1959. Listening to this album has I write this.
From the 1993 album Fate Of Nations-Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) Saw them twice 1975 and 1977 Seattle

View attachment 10414
Completely agree. Dump the DJ crap. When I do want music, I know where to find it. Not on NHRAtv.

The loudness of the announcers has been an issue since day 1. Whether it is Jason and his DJ'ing, or starting line interviews after a run. I think I've about worn my volume control out on my remote with the constant up and down from interview announcer to run.

As someone older like Jim, I hate the rap crap too. 90% of it is not music at all, no real instruments, and auto tuned vocals isn't my idea of music. Not to mention, the message of it is horrible. My Mom hated me listening to the hard rock stuff I listened to, but it didn't have the messages this rap crap has, lyrically.

I do understand they are trying to cater to a younger crowd though. Just like the Super Bowl halftime show this year. That was all geared towards a younger generation than I. My Son is in his late 30's and had a Super Bowl party. All of his friends in attendance, male and female, thought it was the greatest thing ever. I hated it.

NHRA is attempting to fill the dead air time. If you ever go to any other sporting event, they play music between commercial breaks and time outs. I personally don’t mind the music at the track because the volume at least in Vegas in person wasn’t too bad. Now on NHRA.tv, I agree that the volume seems to double when it comes on. I also thought this weekend the cars were much louder than normal.

Everyone seems to Bitch and complain about the filler music. Rock/ Heavy Metal seems to fit the bill. When they went to EDM, everyone complained. What do you want to hear as background music??? Jim, Mark??? Both of you are in your 60's so, do you bitches want to hear Country? Do you want to hear Smooth Jazz? Do you want to hear Peaches and Cream?? How about James Taylor?? WTF!! What they played at Lions that everyone seems to bring up isn't played today!! Give it up!

Last edited:
Here’s a few in the collection on my phone that would work.

Sammy Hagar - “I can’t drive 55”, “Let Sally Drive”
Montrose - “Bad Motor Scooter”
Foghat - “Chevrolet” (for Pro Stock)
Led Zeppelin - “Dazed and Confused” (for 4 wide racing)
Foghat - “Delayed Reaction” (for holeshot losses)
Deep Purple - “Highway Star”
Humble Pie - “Hot ‘N’ Nasty” (for a really quick run)
Ten Years After - “I’m Going Home” after a losing run
Black Sabbath - “Iron Man” for someone who comes back after a big boomer
Robin Trower - “Little Bit of Sympathy” for a low buck team after a boomer
Foreigner - “Rev on the red line”
Foghat - “Weekend Driver”

Here’s a few in the collection on my phone that would work.

Sammy Hagar - “I can’t drive 55”, “Let Sally Drive”
Montrose - “Bad Motor Scooter”
Foghat - “Chevrolet” (for Pro Stock)
Led Zeppelin - “Dazed and Confused” (for 4 wide racing)
Foghat - “Delayed Reaction” (for holeshot losses)
Deep Purple - “Highway Star”
Humble Pie - “Hot ‘N’ Nasty” (for a really quick run)
Ten Years After - “I’m Going Home” after a losing run
Black Sabbath - “Iron Man” for someone who comes back after a big boomer
Robin Trower - “Little Big of Sympathy” for a low buck team after a boomer
Foreigner - “Rev on the red line”
Foghat - “Weekend Driver”
That’s a great playlist if it was 1985. If they want to attract and keep newer younger fans, they need to do some things that appeal to them. Some of the things may piss off the old geezers, but us old guys aren’t going to keep the sport alive for the next 50 years. All sports have changed and maybe NHRA has been a little slow to adapt. You can ask any race fan, football fan, baseball fan and we all say how much better it was in the 80’s than it is today. Of course in the 80’s I always heard how good a sport was in the 60’s. I’m sure in 2050 all the 50 year olds at the track will be saying how great it was in 2022. If the type of music we hear is the worst of our sports problems we will be just fine.

Everyone seems to Bitch and complain about the filler music. Rock/ Heavy Metal seems to fit the bill. When they went to EDM, everyone complained. What do you want to hear as background music??? Jim, Mark??? Both of you are in your 60's so, do you bitches want to hear Country? Do you want to hear Smooth Jazz? Do you want to hear Peaches and Cream?? How about James Taylor?? WTF!! What they played at Lions that everyone seems to bring up isn't played today!! Give it up!
Old bitch, thank you Joey that is the nicest thing anyone has called me in a long time. Hell call me anything. I want to hear some
Rock & Roll mixed in with the other crap.
But please no Country, that's the devil's work shop. And hey don't pick on Lions it means alot to us old bitches.
It might not be Lions, but 42.3 miles across town you got Pomona. It's 1964 and the Beach Boys. Never heard of
them now you have. And a picture of Lions to tie you over till the next Lions post!

''The Golden Age" Of Drag Racing!

1651524430955.png

AA/FD 1967 PDA Meet at Lions. The late Gary Gabelich in the seat. Love the plume
1651534726428.png

AA/FD 1967 "Summer of Love" at Lions. Great music that summer. Once again Gary Gabelich
with his trade mark plume on his helmet. "The Finger" heading for the traps

Last edited:
Joe,
If you don't find what you're hearing as awful...then I have no further comment. 'Nuff said.

The music we SHOULD hear on an NHRA broadcast is THE SOUND OF THE ENGINES, a literal automotive orchestra. We should not be arguing about what era to play, we should be trying to recreate the AURAL experience that NHRA Drag Racing is. The technology to do so is available, the vision of the producer is not.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back