congrats to team kb/ summit ! (1 Viewer)

afx421

Nitro Member
wow! what a start for greg and the summit team! and a great weekend for greg , he was living in the low 20s on the tree. the 3 is working just fine! :)

I don't look at it so much for the 3 power as I do as such an advantage in 60'..damn..the overhead you can just see them pulling away at 60 big time.

That's not so much power as it is a chassis setup that no one has even come close to yet!!

I saw that 3 yrs ago..lots of people making similar power..but the chassis setup rules.

combining lo et of every round with killer Reaction times !! the guy was definitely unbeatable today

jf

In the post-race interview, Greg revealed that his car is a "used RJ car," it ran in Super Comp last year. Obviously they modified it a lot, but it's unusual for a Super Comp car to become a Pro Stocker instead of the other way around. They wanted a new RJ chassis, but the backlog was too long, so they bought this one used.

In the post-race interview, Greg revealed that his car is a "used RJ car," it ran in Super Comp last year. Obviously they modified it a lot, but it's unusual for a Super Comp car to become a Pro Stocker instead of the other way around. They wanted a new RJ chassis, but the backlog was too long, so they bought this one used.

The car originally WAS a PS car belonging to Mike Edwards, then went to a sportsman racer then onto Anderson.

I don't look at it so much for the 3 power as I do as such an advantage in 60'..damn..the overhead you can just see them pulling away at 60 big time.

That's not so much power as it is a chassis setup that no one has even come close to yet!!

I saw that 3 yrs ago..lots of people making similar power..but the chassis setup rules.

excellent point david, thier chassis set up is unbelievable!

Congrats to GA! I couldn't believe his MPH in qualifying. He's starting out in front of the pack again..... Keep up the good work.

Same here! I must admit that I used to look at GA with a raised eyebrow....using his resources to create a performance advantage, etc. The reality is he's accomplished more than the rest of the class. You can have all the money you'd like (see DSR/Glidden disaster) but it doesn't mean you'll go fast. GA has made the right decisions and is the barometer the rest of the class is judged by.

Lastly, look at the quick development of the DRCE-3 engine by Jason and Greg. Their off season development accomplished more than other teams multi-year work on the same combination.

Way ta' go GA!!!

what amazed me was Greg's lights. That's always been the weakness but if he's outdriving and out performing people, thats just an unstoppable combo

John, John, John..... now why did you go there? :D :) :p ;)

Jackee...I admit, I've never been a big fan of the Summit cars. But I've finally realized they're doing better work than any one else in the class, and deserve their due. I am NOT a WJ basher, but look what GA & JL have done in one off season with the new engine combination. They are literally doing things that other teams, of legendary status, just can't do. I am impressed...

I hope one of my Dodge teams can compete at that level. Alan & Roy Johnson seem to be closest, and ran some big numbers at Pomona. Hopefully, they can keep it up.

Congrats to Team KB. I have always been a fan of GA. Every time I have talked to him he's been really nice and seems genuine. I know he has plenty of haters as do most others. Pro Stock is going to be interesting for me this year b/c I like GA and Line, Connelly and Jeggie. And I am sure one of those 4 will win the championship but I think its going to be a helluva battle. That is unless GA continues to drive like he did yesterday. His lights during eliminations, .012 .023 .004 and a .022 in the finals.

Conclusion: If you leave after GA, 99% of the time your beat.

Justin...I must admit, I'm more of a GA fan than ever. He has the sharpest mind out there...and the time slips to prove it.

I just wish he drove a Dodge....:(

Congrats to GA, if this is an indication of him during the rest of the year it's going to be a long season for the rest of the class.

Anyone notice how much he stepped up from the Super Bowl race last week? He did not have a performance advantage in Vegas, and didn't run the big numbers (I realize it's an elevation track), but that 209 he put up in Pomona, on an average track is awesome. I'm afraid to think what he'll do in good conditions at Gainesville.

Those cars are machines!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back