Congrats Larry Dixon!! (1 Viewer)

WOOHOO!!!
:D:D:D
And 2nd place in the points!!!

And 1000' is MUCH better on parts/explosions/fires! ;)

Way to to go TEAM. It's pretty obvious they left everything on the table, er track to win this race! A couple of observations - what were your thoughts when LD rubbed his eye's before he staged the car in the final? Mine were was he realizing this was his last pass in a DPR TF car, na it was it just a normal clearing the eyes before staging. That fire burned pretty long even at the turn around, have'nt seen that for awhile. If, and nobody wishes for it more than me, why does not someone with the answers, DP or LD come right out and answer the question about next year? DP was asked point blank and answered "I think we'll be fine" I realize a post race victory interview is not the right place to talk about next year but LD did say " we blew it up but have all winter to fix it for next year". Lastly I'm sure everyone caught LD in the background getting pictures taken with his family in the shutdown area, true family man and you could tell by his reaction and excited speech this victory was special to him and his team. Great work everybody!

A couple of observations - what were your thoughts when LD rubbed his eye's before he staged the car in the final?

That there was a lot of haze and smoke in the air from the fires in the area? He wasn't the only one to rub his eyes. I seem to remember Doug Kalitta rubbed his also.

PS: as bad as the fires are in the area, it sort of amazed me that they'd still shoot off a lot of fireworks after the final race.

That there was a lot of haze and smoke in the air from the fires in the area? He wasn't the only one to rub his eyes. I seem to remember Doug Kalitta rubbed his also.

PS: as bad as the fires are in the area, it sort of amazed me that they'd still shoot off a lot of fireworks after the final race.

Yes your stating the obvious, just a little tongue in cheek thought.

Couldn't of asked for a better finish, hats off to LD and DP. Really really really hope to see LD back with the chew crew next year.

True, but it is all pavement for a couple hundred yards in any direction from there -- huge fairplex parking lots and the airstrip to the west...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back