CNBC looks at Drag Racing ADRL Style (1 Viewer)

good article
very interesting......"our demographic can be whoever you want it to be"

good article
very interesting......"our demographic can be whoever you want it to be"

Fantastic article. I loved that quote, but the other one that just nails it is: "Our product is our fan and the customer is our sponsors". What a brilliant way of thinking about sports in general.

I'm sure if you ask any sports organization (MLB, NBA, NHRA...) they'd say that the product is the event, the entertainment. How interesting to think of the product being the crowd. That's fascinating.

I've posted this on another site..but free tickets are not new to any form of sporting event.. specialy motorsports....

Usualy a company buys bulk tickets and gives them away thanking their customers for buying their products..... the ADRL concept just turns it around.... sponsors pay for the tickets to be given away so that the user will possibly become a customer down the road...

Aparently its working for everyone involved.... specialy if CNBC is looking at them...

Billy

I've posted this on another site..but free tickets are not new to any form of sporting event.. specialy motorsports....

Usualy a company buys bulk tickets and gives them away thanking their customers for buying their products..... the ADRL concept just turns it around.... sponsors pay for the tickets to be given away so that the user will possibly become a customer down the road...

Aparently its working for everyone involved.... specialy if CNBC is looking at them...

Billy

Billy in most cases the Free tickets you are referring to are targeted towards the sponsors. Now you have been around IHRA and Nascar for years so if they have done it I'm unaware.

........the ADRL concept just turns it around.... sponsors pay for the tickets to be given away so that the user will possibly become a customer down the road...........Billy

good interpretation.
or basically the sponsor money pays the purse and overhead costs
.......fans get in for free with release of personal info for mailing lists
and whatever the sponsors want to sling at them while at the event.
does that sound rite?

Last edited:
one other big issue it's is real racing run what ya brung not a bunch of rules except safety, also not ruined with politics yet:eek:

good interpretation.
or basically the sponsor money pays the purse and overhead costs
.......fans get in for free with release of personal info more mailing lists
and whatever the sponsors want to sling at them while at the event.
does that sound rite?

Thats pretty much it.... When i was a kid.. my aunt was head sales man for Monroe shocks at her repair center she worked at... and for selling so many shocks, Monroe gave her 8 to 10 tickets use them as she liked. but recomended she give a few to some of her top customers... companys with fleets of vehicles.. etc...

Later i learned working with the local Bud Dist..then later wiht some of the AB promotion reps at other tracks that they bought a VIP booth at the track here in Rockingham and other places.. and got X number of tickets with it... and could give them away as the felt... they split the cost between St Louis usualy...... at some events they bought the Booth and a large hospitality tent with food drinks the whole nine yards.... and they had a set number that had to buy.. even if they had no use for the number they had to buy... and many times half the people given tickets never showed up... last i heard the tents were min of 50 people and up... some also bought 100 or more tickets at a time with no tent or VIP area.. just tickets to the stands..

With the ADRL you pay a set fee.. and you can pretty much do as you like at the events in your space they provide.... i would imagine.. haven't heard a number on the ADRL but cost break down might be a little more cost effective since the growth they have shown...

think the "Shoe" went to and ADRL event and was very suprised my the crowd and its demographic versitility...

Billy

Free tickets they better, just goes to show people won't pay to see this sport anymore.

Joe;
You should have been to the CHRR last weekend. They will pay and pack the place for a good event. When is the last time you saw 31 funnycars trying rto get into an 8 car show.

So the ADRL is basically selling a list of names to the sponsor and in trade you get to see a race. Or should I say 70,000 out of 800,000 attend.

I like the fact that a drag racing series is doing well but there selling there fans names. I guess I'd rather purchase a ticket and keep my name private from solicitors. I can't imagine this tactic working over a long period of time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back