Chute cable to the blow off hatch (1 Viewer)

82GT

Nitro Member
So is John Force not running a cable from the blow off hatch to the chutes? I know he said it was a good idea and said his team is using it, but the chutes did not deploy during ether the blow up in qualifying, or elimination?

I wondered the same thing when his chutes didn't come out at all! To me, it looked like there was a cable hanging out the opening in the burst panel after she blew. I was wondering if the chute cable interconnected to the burst panel somehow got locked up, didn't release the chutes AND didn't allow John to pull the chutes via the handle release inside the car??

I though Del was the only one with it right now.

I could see where some teams would not want to use it. While it is a great idea. We have seen cars able to coast out a victory before, if the chute automatically pulls it greatly reduces the chances of coasting out a win.

I though Del was the only one with it right now.

I could see where some teams would not want to use it. While it is a great idea. We have seen cars able to coast out a victory before, if the chute automatically pulls it greatly reduces the chances of coasting out a win.

Mike Neff is running it - the chutes deployed at one of the Western Swing events when the blower popped the panel.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back