Cable is out....Missed the 2013 Summernats! (1 Viewer)

stitcherbob

Nitro Member
Cable is out....Missed the 2013 Summernats! Plus DVD/DVR Q&A

If anyone has it on their DVR and can make a DVD copy of today's ESPN coverage (I have the qualifying show) I can trade for a DVD of just about any race in the last 8 years (actually I copy them using SP onto 2 DVDs if the race goes over 2 hours to keep the quality up). VCR tape in a pinch if anyone still uses that stuff anymore :p

I have probably most of the last 35 years of races on videotape scattered about, so I could drag out and blow the dust off of the old VCR and make a copy from something really old if that's what it takes....labels keep drying out and falling off of the tapes so it may be hard to find some races.

Let me know right here in this thread....Thanks!

Last edited:
Bob, assuming my DVR recorded the race, I should have it. I get back to Texas tomorrow morning and will let you know if I have it.

If anyone has it on their DVR and can make a DVD copy of today's ESPN coverage (I have the qualifying show) I can trade for a DVD of just about any race in the last 8 years (actually I copy them using SP onto 2 DVDs if the race goes over 2 hours to keep the quality up). VCR tape in a pinch if anyone still uses that stuff anymore :p

I have probably most of the last 35 years of races on videotape scattered about, so I could drag out and blow the dust off of the old VCR and make a copy from something really old if that's what it takes....labels keep drying out and falling off of the tapes so it may be hard to find some races.

Let me know right here in this thread....Thanks!

I have It. Let me know If you need a copy.

wow...that got on youtube fast....

Thanks for the responses!. A train ran over the downed fiber optic cable severing it in 2 places.....a freak thing but they got most of eastern PA back on by 9pm.

My Magnavox DVR has a dvd recorder built in and something like 400 hour capacity(best thing I ever bought in consumer electronics!), plus I have an older VHS to DVD recorder from Toshiba (makes a loud noise now when recording....it'll blow up like T Haddock's FC someday...... :p )

my email is just shtuff @ yahoo . com (remove the spaces)
If both of you want to trade for something I have on DVD, I can use another copy of the Summernats to give to my friend who didn't see it also.

Just got back to my house from the race and for some reason my DVR doesn't have it recorded. I have the Saturday qualifying show. I even thought I recorded it twice from the Directv app. Sorry I couldn't help.

Michael- You just hook up a DVD recorder to the DVR box and burn the DVD.

Seeing Vincent Nobile/Shane Gray almost reminded me of Joe Lepone/Frank Iaconio Topeka 89 even though it wasn't the same thing.

I could probably dig those up....but it could take some time (my DVR is full with 400 hrs of NHRA and F1 on it and many finished DVDs are labeled but jumbled up):confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back