Chip Ganassi Going Drag Racing? (1 Viewer)

Billy, , , I think you better do some more research before making that statement. Owning banks is normally a nice family business. Plus it's a good way to meet people with money!

I stand by what i said.... Chip has stated before he does not fund his racing but thru sponsrships only.. if ones not in place he parks the operation.... an interview he did with Windtunnel a year or so ago.. he stated that exactly... hince what i said.. as long as it brakes even or makes a profit it will contiune to operate....

maybe i should have worded it a bit different.

Billy

Last edited:
To CHips credit.. he is a racer.... he makes a living form racing.. no backup busines to cover the losses... if he can break even or make a profit hwe will be here soon enough...

Billy

I would say his family has a huge back up plan, the Steelers are a nice 401K plan to start with.

Having had tons of business with Chip back in the CART days with Juan I can tell you Chip won't come until it is profitable before he buys 1 piece.

Chip know how to make things happen, How about a long shot and say a TRD Top Fuel Motor? The specs are so controled by the NHRA that it would take a very short amount of time (releative for the budget and we know TRD's budget is ENDLESS!).

You could run DSR on the tire budget of Toyotas F-1 Program. Bud spent 6 Million for 12 inches of space on the Williams F-1 Car.

John Andretti in a Target (many of these $$ come from cross product placement deals in stores) TRD Top Fuel Car and a Female Funny Car drive with Tide / Target sponsorship (Chip has a long history with Tide).

Reading this post made me think of this Dave Marek masterpiece...

sk.jpg

I thought I heard a rumor a while back (before SkyTel) that Snake was supposed to be getting a deal from Target. Maybe that's the reason he didn't get it.

He should contact Don Schumacher and get involved with the pro stocker of Richie Stevens (which is at this point unfunded & likely to be parked) It would be a good fit for him being a Dodge (Ganassi's cup cars are also Dodge's) Maybe some of his engine guy's would like to try building a 500 inch P/S engine!

As for big headed, I dont think that would be the case, because he said he liked the people that run in NHRA, that leads me to believe that he like the down to earth mentality. I could be wrong though.

Chip's right on every account.
No better motor sport on the planet.
Extreme to all senses in a way no other sport can touch.
Well the women attending open wheel are hot but high maintenance! LOL

I f he were do get involved, I suspect it would be with his buddy Snake and possibly with the FC that snake has but is not racing this year. And he won't fund it himself. Why should he?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back