Changes at dsr pro stock bike team (1 Viewer)

Don and I worked a deal out first.... 2 days later I called Don to see who the main sponsor was... He said we did not have anything major.... So I called Kenny (NitroFish) and told him if he was interested it the main sponsor for him and Don to talk.. I guess they made a deal.... I'm very excited about next year now... I was to the point with my own deal as to what races I was going to skip to make ends meet.... Really looking forward to working with Steve and the whole gang next year....I will keep all of you posted as to the new Busa Suzuki motor when we run it.... Matt

Thanks for setting the record straight Matt!
Why does everyone always assume the worst when it comes to DSR??? :)

Thanks for setting the record straight Matt!
Why does everyone always assume the worst when it comes to DSR??? :)

Just in case you were referring to me I wasn't assuming anything just wondering out loud. :eek:
I have no problem with Don or Matt I wish them the best of luck. :D

In the meantime, here's a picture taken at the Champion Auto Stores Nationals, Brainerd, 1997.
3120851467_37690900d1.jpg

Right there are 4 LEGENDS of PSM!!!

Matt Hines, Angelle, Dave Schultz, and John Meyers. I really miss seeing those guys/gal racing each other.

I'd pay money to see that! :eek:

The sport needs you out there, Angelle. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

In the meantime, here's a picture taken at the Champion Auto Stores Nationals, Brainerd, 1997.
3120851467_37690900d1.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing this picture. It made me smile REAL BIG!! What I wouldn't do to go back to that day! First thing I would do when I get there would be to give John a BIG BIG hug!!! I miss him so much. Dave too. What champions those two guys were. If I don't get back on a bike, looks like I'll never get past Dave's 45 wins. Oh well,... at least I got close with 41!

About the DSR ride. Don did ask me if I could bring any sponsorship to the table. Unfortunately for me, I could not at this time. I understood his asking me. No one wants to pay for this out of their own pocket. My mom always tells me that God has a plan for me and that he has something bigger and better in store for me. I sure hope she is right! and if she is, I really can't wait to see what it is going to be!!!!!

You can tell by my avatar who I was a big fan of. :( (Wonder how much Close Call cost George..)

Last edited:
I don't consider Angelle's situation to be anything but a monumental failure of NHRA's (lack of) marketing people to create a value rich environment for sponsors for race teams. Here you have an amazingly exciting sport, terrific talent and personalities, and changing venues and we can't market that?

The Angelles, Shirleys, Whits of the racing world should be supported and even embraced because they put eyes on the TV sets around the nation.

It was conflict and struggle that put NASCAR on the map. No organization ever grew into anything significant without a fight or two.

The management of the NHRA is more and more reminding me of a passionless marriage of a couple who really doesn't like each other and they don't have the sense to break up and find excitement before they pass on.

Remember Tom, the saddest words ever spoke are "it could have been.

Mark

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, and you're welcome Angelle. :)

It was a great start to a fantastic day of racing.

The management of the NHRA is more and more reminding me of a passionless marriage of a couple who really doesn't like each other and they don't have the sense to break up and find excitement before they pass on.

Remember Tom, the saddest words ever spoke are "it could have been.

Mark

Interesting analogy.....the center of a dysfunctional family??? :D

Big hair in that pic girl!
I, like you miss uncle Dave & cousin John. Two of the best that ever did it!
Welcome to the mater, Reg, and thanks for joining us. It is really nice to have knowledgeable folks joining all the rest of us " keyboard crewchiefs"! Come visit often. How have things been going for you?

Angella maybe you should rememeber the people that help you get to where you are today. Maybe you should had called every week to say thankyou for the ride. Maybe you should rememeber your racing family. Maybe you should have not left DSR. Maybe you would have a very nice ride still today. Things are not always greener on the other side. Maybe you should look at the things that got you where you are to day.

Angella maybe you should rememeber the people that help you get to where you are today. Maybe you should had called every week to say thankyou for the ride. Maybe you should rememeber your racing family. Maybe you should have not left DSR. Maybe you would have a very nice ride still today. Things are not always greener on the other side. Maybe you should look at the things that got you where you are to day.

Maybe if she ate Oreos before the race rather than peanut butter cookies, she'd have cut better lights? :confused: Maybe if she drank milk, she'd have grown up to be taller. Maybe, just maybe, if she waved to the left side of the track more than the right side, she'd be in better standing.

Seriously dude, who are you to say what she should have done? DSR didn't give her the start. George and Jackie Bryce did, and they are fine people.

Maybe if she ate Oreos before the race rather than peanut butter cookies, she'd have cut better lights? :confused: Maybe if she drank milk, she'd have grown up to be taller. Maybe, just maybe, if she waved to the left side of the track more than the right side, she'd be in better standing.

Seriously dude, who are you to say what she should have done? DSR didn't give her the start. George and Jackie Bryce did, and they are fine people.
I did not say George and Jackie Bryce are bad people and I did not say DSR gave her, her first start. All said is she should rememeber all the people who help her.

I did not say George and Jackie Bryce are bad people and I did not say DSR gave her, her first start. All said is she should rememeber all the people who help her.

And I'm assuming you keep track of her gratuities? licking the stamps to send thank you cards for her?

How she conducts her business with her racing contracts is her business, who she thanks, and who she remembers, is her business. Up until this point, she's been more than successful in those endevors and she's having the same rough spots as seasoned drivers who are not yet on the NHRA roster for next year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back