Cant watch from the fence? (1 Viewer)

Good morning from the pits, sure was nice to be back to normal. Yesterday the fences were packed.

If they did keep people off the fence the only good thing about it would be NOT HEARING PAUL PAGE talk about it!!!!!! (What a crowd they are 3 or more back the place is packed blah blah blah)

uh,,...why???? Are you racing 1st round in super gas/ super comp or something?:rolleyes: Making breakfast for the teams in INDY???? Sleep in dude, at least until 8am....:cool:

Oh that's a good one Timmah! John Rogers "sleeping in" at Indy! Man, he'd sleep at the track under the bleachers if they'd let him!

If they enforce this at Gainville it should be interesting. It is literally 4-5 deep at G-ville every year on the pit side.

That is exacting what I was thinking when I read this. I don't think it will be possible to enforce it at Gaineville unless they get ALOT of security. Or put up some kind of barrier. It seems more people stand at the fence than sitting in the stands there!!!!

I was there yesterday in my front row reserved seats....and they were making anyone that stopped at the fence move on ! People were allowed to stand at the fence on the GA side. The 1000 ft deal does not sit well with me...but it was still a great day of snorting nitrofumes !

Right now as I look across the track, there are no fence standers on the west side. There are a few here on the east side...

Oh by the way, PJ, Chris Cook, Greg Rice, Mark Krogen, and Big Zappy say hi!
(and me too)

They have been doing this for a couple of years at the Southern Nationals, well at least on Friday and Saturday.

In my post above I was speaking of the west side.

(dang it's almost 3:30am - I've got to be up at 6!)

I stand corrected and you're right. West side stands they didn't allow anyone standing along the fence in front of the reserved sections. I noticed that Saturday and again today nor did they allow standing in front of the Sponsors stands on the East side today (Sunday).

I don't understand that at all on eaither side because the first row of stands on either side are well above the heads of anyone standing on the fence.

We've sat 1st or 2nd row every day on the East (pit) side and never were the people standing on the fence in our line of sight. The West side stands are even a bit higher off the ground so I KNOW that can't be an issue over there.

I don't get it.

Quite honestly, the way they change seating from day to day out there is ridiculous. Thankfully having been out there many years in a row, I know the drill.

However, for a first timer with a GA ticket it has to be very confusing especially if you go by the seating chart on the website.

Unbeknownst to many, on Friday and Saturday basically the whole East (pit) side is GA except for the first set of stands closest to the tower and the very last set near the finish line which are reserved for sponsors.

Then on Sunday they change East side GA to just the middle 3 sections of stands and expand reserved seating to the first two or three sections of bleachers closest to the towers in addition to the top end set sponsor area.

Naturally, the GA section ends up being the most packed while the West side is 1/2 empty.

I don't understand that at all on eaither side because the first row of stands on either side are well above the heads of anyone standing on the fence.

We've sat 1st or 2nd row every day on the East (pit) side and never were the people standing on the fence in our line of sight. The West side stands are even a bit higher off the ground so I KNOW that can't be an issue over there.

I don't get it.

Amen, brother Drew! That's the first thing I thought when this thread started. They could bring in the entire NBA and line them along the fence on the east and west side and nobody's view would be obstructed.

I don't get it either........

Sean D

thye do not allow people to stand on the fence in the reserved areas. I don't get it. They had security not only on the bleachers to chenck you tickets going up into a section but also along the fence at each end of reserved areas, you couldn't even walk through let alone stop at the fence. I'm not a fence stander myself but understand that many people love it and it needs to be allowed. They aren't blocking anyone.

The only thing I could think of is that with the low turnout of fans this year, it forced all of those people from the fence into the bleachers so it will make it look a little more full on TV. The one side of the track has lots of open spaces both Sat and Sun.

I heard alot of people complaining this year from ticket window issues, to the fence to no fireworks and on and on.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back